Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
yo atom! how are the creeks looking for the weekend? looks warm all week in Dixon. is the embudo going to flow? com'n dude.. throw a dog a bone!
-trev

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no telling

gotta get a bit warmer, rumor has it that the Brazos is coming in. Someone did the lower run (basically the takeout) and it was flowing. Not sure if the put in road is clear of snow yet. Hopefully we will find out soon. WE need some hot days and all will be good. Atom...

·
Registered
567 Posts
Pilar

For those of you looking for a nice long class III - IV run, the racecourse run (Pilar) is actually quite good. As the water flows continue to come up, it will just get rowdier and more fun. Sleeping Beauty is just about at the takeout of the run and there's plenty of good fun to be had all along the river. Great scenery and wildlife too.

There's always good people and cheap beer at the takeout as well. It's New Mexico....:cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
For those of you looking for a nice long class III - IV run, the racecourse run (Pilar) is actually quite good. As the water flows continue to come up, it will just get rowdier and more fun. Sleeping Beauty is just about at the takeout of the run and there's plenty of good fun to be had all along the river. Great scenery and wildlife too.

There's always good people and cheap beer at the takeout as well. It's New Mexico....:cool:

Twitch, i agree thats pilar a great fun run, but wouldnt actually call it a nice "long" run. I've ran from the takeout back to my vehicle several times when I didnt have shuttle. But it is a fun run without anything very pushy or difficult. I'm stuck here in houston now, with no kayaking at all so its killing me to read posts about the water levels rising. I remember my first time playing at sleaping beauty. It kicked my ass all over the place in an old wavesport foreplay as Johnt Fullbright sat on river left and laughed his ass off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts