Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came in kind of late to the discussion on the last thread and didn't know what to write. It was really eye opening to read about how many people Derk influenced and how many people cared about him so deeply. I heard this incredibly sad news on my way to go paddling and it was an intense situation so that is what I decided to write about. Posted my thoughts to my new blog w/some pics and a sneak preview at a new run in the Winds.

The Count Died in Bouncing Betty « Boofington Heights

My deepest condolences to his family and his friends. RIP Count.

ES

·
Registered
195 Posts
Well done, Evan. Good photo of Derk, too. One sentence says it: "Count would’ve wanted us to keep driving through the night, get up to the Winds and get it done."

I'm thinking I'm going to get some stickers made up that say "wwdd?" or just "Count".

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
Awesome Evan. Your book definitely fueled the fire within Good ol Derk so thanks for showing that appreciation. Well done. Great pic of him too, you can just feel the little guys passion and spirit.

Its funny, a week ago today, I was debating whether to hoof it out at the peterson lake trail or just continue down to the Take out. One of the questions I asked myself was...WWDD? Hell yes, you know what he would do.

ActionJackson, I wanted to do the same thing with stickers. Maybe we should throw it up for a vote to let the buzzards decide. I'd throw down on some.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Really nice piece. I didn't ever meet derk, but I was thinking something very similar, after reading all the amazing stories about Derk's enthusiasm, and lamenting that I never did get the chance to meet or boat with him--I couldn't help thinking the phrase "Derk would do it" would be a fitting rememberance and inspiration, somewhat along the lines of "Eddie would go" I like WWDD too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
At his memorial I saw two different stickers going around. "Do it 4 Derk" and "Count" both ended up in most peoples hands. I particularly liked the "Do it 4 Derk" one and I know several of my friends have put them on our cars.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
I didnt see the Count stickers but wanted one. The do it 4 derk stickies are awesome. Kudos to whomever did that.

·
I kayak DH.
794 Posts
I didnt see the Count stickers but wanted one. The do it 4 derk stickies are awesome. Kudos to whomever did that.
My bro Kevin from up in summit got them made, if anybody wants one just let me know. He gave me a stack to give to some Denver folks since he doen't get down there much, he figured that folks would appreciate them. He and a group of my buddies boat with Luke & boated with Derk when he was younger.

Kaleb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts