Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am commin to terms with the pile of the boats that I have layin around the house. I was wonderin if anyone else has let the old boats pile up. My other half around the house thinks that I need to get rid of some of these but I just cant. Anyone else have this problem. Give me some ammo!

Here is the pile/quiver that I ran into.

- 2 prijon hurricanes - 1 is a rodeo hurricane.
- 1 blue dancer (ah my first boat)
- 1 blunt necky
- 1 corsica
- 1 disco riot
- 1 slice riot
- 1 230 in a zone pyranha
- 2 m3's pyranha
- 1 bigfoot squirt boat
- 1 sin squirt boat
- 1 outdoor edge long squirtboat
- 2 custom made 1970's down river racin fiberglass boats
- 1 pyranha 420
- 1 62 project

Is this too many or should I get rid of a few? What do you all think?

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
wow, thats quite the quiver. You have me beat hands down. And for all the people that call me a boat whore, please note this thread!

·
Self-Aggrandizing jackass
1,134 Posts
I hear the gears turning in your mind, gh: "I can buy three more boats and still tell my wife I'm not as bad as that guy."

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
I have an empty rack in the garage right now...

RDNEK, how do you store that many boats and several of them are quite long.

·
Banned
173 Posts
A Honcho! blah!! isn't EJ recycling old boats?

a Tax deduction is better than getting cash for that sucker and then learning that the GD boat killed somebody! :shock:

·
Registered
834 Posts
Last year I held a free raffle at work for my old slightly cracked Necky Jive. The winner was stoked and paddles the beginner runs on the Poudre with it.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Create your own BOAT HENGE in the back yard. It's the only logical use and the river gods will forever smile upon you. The classics should be enshrined and worshipped. :D Your wife will love it.....I'm sure she'll excuse it as a much needed good omen.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I love the idea of a Boat-henge. That's ingenious. I want one too. You might still be able to get a decent price for some of those; but that's only if you're willing to part with them. I know a guy who has 20 (yes 20) boats in his backyard. Don't let anyone (even your woman) make you part with a boat. A paddler's relationship with his boats is a unique one that is only meant to be ended when he is emotionally and psychologically prepared for such a transition.

COUNT

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm looking for a boat for my brother in law for christmas and don't want to spend more than $150 to $200. He is a new boater and just needs something to hit the lower A with. Let me know if anybody has an old Godzilla, Fly or anything they want to get rid of. He is 6' about 200.

RDNEK- want to get rid of that Riot Disco? By the way great quiver! :D

Just for record
- Gus
......damn I need more boats!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a Savage Scorpion, and a bunch of other unimportant ones. The Scorpion is probably the greatest boat ever (I know thats pretty bold), but I need a new seat to give it a second life. Does anyone have a seat to give an old classic a couple more runs?

Randy

·
Registered
331 Posts
Prijon Samarai
Riot Slice
Wavesport BigEZ (#1- with big hole in it)
Prijon Embudo
Wavesport EZG

sold the WS BigEZ #2
sold the WS Crossfire (my first boat, I regret selling it, "I feel shame")

·
Registered
116 Posts
Only 5 boats in the garage.

Big aluminum Canoe
Big Blue Dancer (does everyone have one of these?)
Necky Gliss
Prion Delirious
Prion Delirium

I would love to sell my Prion delirious. It is Orange in very good shape and a great slicey boat. A real knife edge front and back. It is a really great boat for deep water with swirling eddies Like sections of the Lake Fork of the Gunnison. Is squirting too old school to be fun anymore?

Anyway, although very different it is too similar to my favorite of all these the Necky Gliss. I love the gliss for a stable all river boat and the first thing I put people in who want to learn how to kayak.

Enough for the trying to sell the Delirious.....

Really I want to know...
Why do we keep these boats? My own theory is that we paid so much money for them and can only get back a quarter of the price.

Has anyone had good luck selling their used gear and could shed some light on what works best. Sell as a package (skirt, paddle, jacket etc.), classified vs. internet or boat swap, letting people demo, the right time of year. What has worked best for you?

·
White R. BC
321 Posts
Isn't ok if you use them? Hydrodynamic study requires many tools!

Boat/ last used
Class 6 / yesterday 32nd +, 2 Great Blue herons
S6f / friday town run, 700cfs suprisingly alot to play
Nomad Razor slalom / sat. Havaland lake flat water workout
Neckey Chronic / last week, town run
DR Mafia / Sept. Kicking Horse, BC...no Piedra sept.
Neckey Mission / town Aug.
Pyranha Attack / low water town Aug.
Grumman 14' / Summit lake sailing. Aug.
Fly / early sprng town
Rocket / last self support, Selway early 2000's? too long!
Invader / ?

Sold: H3 235, ProZone, InaZne 230, Inazone 220, S6 190, RPM, Hurricane, T-Slalom, Hydra Swift

Now what bike will I ride today?

Happy retired gear freak.

·
Self-Aggrandizing jackass
1,134 Posts
onebakedpotato said:
Has anyone had good luck selling their used gear and could shed some light on what works best. Sell as a package (skirt, paddle, jacket etc.), classified vs. internet or boat swap, letting people demo, the right time of year. What has worked best for you?
Ask gh.
He sells and buys boats so often that we've started calling his sales department "g-bay".

1 - 20 of 28 Posts