Mountain Buzz banner

61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
So k2, which fascist website prepared this cartoon for you. The same neo-nazi website that did the cartoon portraying hitler as a much maligned, handsome, abused funboy.

So, the mob that tried to take over our capitol intending to take the nation hostages and possibly kill democrats and rinos are being much maligned. They are actually "patriots just blowing off a little steam and out for a good time. Noth'in wrong with a little fun now is there."

Taking trump words out of context is a total perversion of reality. What you are saying is repugnant when place into context of the rest of trumps speech.

And yes, I'm going nordic skiing pleased knowing that yet again you exposed youself as a fascist and that you actually condone what trump has done and what happened in Washington. To be clear, your friends are going to jail and so likely to is trump.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I never said any of that. Please stop with the hyperbole and projection.

The democracy we have in practice is NOT the democracy you appear to envision in principle.

Of course I believe that people should have a say in how they are governed and how their leaders are selected. But you missed my point about understanding the failures and flaws of “democracy”, many of which are on full display at present and have resulted in our current political miasma.

You mean to tell me that the current social and political situation we find our nation in is the result of determining and executing the popular will of the people? Give me a break. If so, clearly democracy is so flawed as to be unfit for purpose. If not, then certainly it’s because only people you don’t agree with are the ones who bear responsibility for it by not playing by the rules, right?

Our “democracy” is failing to the extent that we have permitted the restraints and provisions placed as safeguards against its flaws and eventual consequences to be either removed or otherwise circumvented - allowing for its subversion and exploitation by those who do understand these flaws and how they can be manipulated to accumulate to themselves obviously dangerous amounts power. We now see this playing out to its inevitable conclusion which is the rise of identity politics, disenfranchisement under authoritarianism, and eventually, despotism and genocide. Make no mistake that this is where we are headed without serious corrective action, and I fear that we have likely run out the clock for peaceful political solutions to arise. I do not say this in any spirit of celebration or prescription, to be clear. Only by way of observation, and I really hope I’m wrong.

Let’s be real, the most serious threats to the principles of democracy have already succeeded. To pretend that it’s gravest threats lie before us is to be willfully blind to or otherwise incapable of understanding its flaws and how they’ve played out to get us into the situation we’re in.

I don’t pretend to have the answers. I can only hope to shed light on the problem. In my estimation, there is no path forward without at least an understanding of how we got here. That starts with establishing the relationship between cause and effect.

Sadly, at this point, I fear that the only way out is through.
Seems like a pretty good democracy to me if allowed to work, which it did. One man one vote with sufficient safeguards to prevent fraud on a level that would change the outcome of an election. Well, except for the electoral college which might be considered "rigging the election" somewhat in favor of rural conservative states.

·
Premium Member
1,279 Posts
It kills me to admit it, but I am worried one or more quote by K2 might be accurate. Please someone post YouTube videos of Loretta, Chris, Ayanna, Kamala, Nancy, Maxine and Trump that proves K2's post is not an accurate post . K2's post makes them seem like dangerous hateful nut jobs, not trump.

Reactions: Chop Chop

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #67 (Edited)
It kills me to admit it, but I am worried one or more quote by K2 might be accurate. Please someone post YouTube videos of Loretta, Chris, Ayanna, Kamala, Nancy, Maxine and Trump that proves K2's post is not an accurate post . K2's post makes them seem like dangerous hateful nut jobs, not trump.
Bighorn, I think you meant to say that quotes by K2 might be inaccurate.

It doesn't even matter what anyone said other than trump in this case. It is one of the oldest fascist tricks of propaganda. That is, don't look at my crimes(my words), look at theirs. In the 1930's hitler used such propaganda to initiate the killing of jews. Look what those money changers did. What I did was good and necessary, see what I said "Go home with love and peace. Remember this day" when we set the stage to kill millions of jews. It is called deflection. Millions died and K2 doesn't understand the evils of fascism. But does he? Perhaps he also denies the holocaust. But ask him. I won't stoup so low as to speak for a fascist.

K2s post is meant to deflect from the fact of what trump said which instigated an attempt at civil war to overturn a free and fair election. K2 is a fascist to the core. His literature is sourced from white supremist neo-nazi websites.

Truly, what was the expected consequences of trumps vitriol of the last two month and going back the last four and more years except to set the stage of that his loss would be unexceptable, a crime against him and his "ilk". He was frequently saying that eight years was in the bag and that there would be in this expectation four or more years beyond that. In other words totalitarian fascism.

·
Registered
44 Posts
bootboy, may I ask what color are your boots? Shiny black, tall and worn out on the inside heels. Forget it, I won't explain it. Over your head "boy".

Focus your anger at Andy whose father understands fascism defeating it at the risk of his life across North Africa and up the Italian peninsula during world war 2.

You are like a yellow jacket. The difference is that a yellow jacket is part of nature, fascist like you are an unnatural crime against humanity. Go shine your boots and watch video of your idol da furhrer. Just saying.

Truly, this has entered the realm of the absurd.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Ron you're wild dude...for the record, the dank memes are stolen from equally well-humored friends on Facebook. I personally don't know a single fascist, but I do know a ton of people that are pretty convinced they are surrounded by them.

The bespoke outrage is cute...but a little worrisome.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You are like a yellow jacket. The difference is that a yellow jacket is part of nature, fascist like you are an unnatural crime against humanity.
Remind me again who it is that is using the dehumanizing rhetoric?

What exactly do you do with aggressive insects, especially when they are an unnatural part of the environment?

This is genocidal rhetoric. But of course it’s justified by the correctness of the positions you hold.

·
Registered
44 Posts
A quick search on youtube will return results for about 3/4 of those citations. They wont be on the first page of results, as the search algorithm is designed to suppress them, but they can be found with a little effort.

·
Registered
431 Posts
A quick search on youtube will return results for about 3/4 of those citations. They wont be on the first page of results, as the search algorithm is designed to suppress them, but they can be found with a little effort.
Bootboy and Bighorn. So here is the problem with memes. People (on both sides) don't bother to actually check facts much so other people who want to manipulate them take "quotes" out of context, maybe change a few words and publish them in the form of a meme so that stupid people can feed their bias. Pretty soon we have people CONVINCED that somebody said or did something that simply didn't happen or is inaccurately portrayed. Don't think you are guilty? Take Loretta Lynch's "quote" that you cited "there will be blood in the streets" Hmmmm sounds like a threat right? This is what she actually said. ""I know that this is a time of great fear and uncertainty for so many people. I know it’s a time of concern for people who see our rights being assailed, being trampled on, and even being rolled back. I know that this is difficult, but I remind you that this has never been easy. We have always had to work to move this country forward to achieve the great ideals of our founding fathers. And it has been people, individuals who have banded together, ordinary people who simply saw what needed to be done and came together and supported those ideals, who have made the difference. They’ve marched, they’ve bled — yes, some of them have died. This is hard. Every good thing is. " Doesn't sound quite the same in context does it? Trumps quote about love and peace sound wonderful and benign until you put it into the context that he just incited an insurrection that killed five people and was a baldfaced attemp to overthrow our government.. Context is important

·
Registered
431 Posts
@jgrebe

That’s why I encourage people to look them up and view them in context.
So one assumes that you looked up the actual in context quote but chose to post a meme that you knew contained inaccurate as well as misleading content (i.e. lies)? Not sure that encouraging people to look up context of things you just mi-lead them about is considered a noble position

·
SarahofTheWaves
394 Posts
If you are looking to YouTube to find the truth, you are not going to find it there. Only a posture/maniplulation/a point of view.
BB, can use many a word to say nothing.
Social media had some good points. Not so much these days..

·
Registered
44 Posts
So one assumes that you looked up the actual in context quote but chose to post a meme that you knew contained inaccurate as well as misleading content (i.e. lies)? Not sure that encouraging people to look up context of things you just mi-lead them about is considered a noble position
Recall, I’m not the one who posted the quotations. I wasn’t using the quotes to assert any position or make any point other than to say that they did indeed exist and could be found.

Any assumptions you make about someone else’s motives in posting of memes or quotations are your responsibility. To blame others for the conclusions you draw is to lack logical rigor.

I posted the meme from the Princess Bride. I don’t think what you said is all that relevant when it comes to humorous movie quotes.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Recall, I’m not the one who posted the quotations. I wasn’t using the quotes to assert any position or make any point other than to say that they did indeed exist and could be found.

Any assumptions you make about someone else’s motives in posting of memes or quotations are your responsibility. To blame others for the conclusions you draw is to lack logical rigor.

I posted the meme from the Princess Bride. I don’t think what you said is all that relevant when it comes to humorous movie quotes.
You are correct, I got lost in the 78 comments.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Trumps quote about love and peace sound wonderful and benign until you put it into the context that he just incited an insurrection that killed five people and was a baldfaced attemp to overthrow our government.. Context is important
Please do quote the words that "incited an insurrection that killed five people and was a baldfaced attemp to overthrow our government" (sic).

61 - 80 of 107 Posts