Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
AIRE 156R
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at either a cargo bag from SnS or a Pacific River Bag. Anyone have any strong preferences to either? Another question, do you have to have a cargo floor with either of these? And advice is welcomed and appreciated!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have both bags. Both are very well made, but I like the PRB better. It expands more like a mushroom than the SNS bag, it has a ton of room in it. The SNS bag is kinda more vertical shaped. However the, SNS bag is cheaper. I also like the attachment points, loops, and buckles better on the PRB. Can’t go wrong with either, the “everything bag” is the way to do business. I don’t run a cargo floor.

I run both bags on an Aire 156R and an Otter 14”

·
Registered
AIRE 156R
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect. That’s the way I was leaning so I appreciate the advice. And I just so have the same boat as you so very much appreciate the picture. I love the color by the way. We were going to get that color but they were out when we purchased. Thanks!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have a PRB with my 156R. Love it and would buy again. Biggest thing for me is I actually like the clamshell a lot on the PRB. If you actually need that or not is a debate that can be viewed in other threads. I believe I have a large for my 156 and a small for the 130, if I remember right. DRE has them on sale right now and Cascade has some cool color schemes!

·
Registered
272 Posts
you will love it! I ran one on each end of my 156R on the Grand Canyon last winter and it was the bees knees.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
I built an everything bag.
An everything bag is head and shoulders better than an acre of webbing or even a gear net. Throw your shit in its place, cinch the bag, strap the top and drink beer while everyone else is still fidding with straps.

I built mine around my hard floor for my 156R, and I sling that hard floor inside my bag. I like the hard floor for ammo cans and groovers...and you can always cut a piece of plywood to fit. With the bag, you don't really even need to sling a floor. Just minimize the hard points.

I just did a spider cam for the top...what's the benefit of the clamshell?

·
Registered
302 Posts
The clam shell is the everything bag version of a spider strap. I think it’s really easy, can put random things like hats, cases, or even a table underneath. I also find it useful for compressing the stuff in the bag below.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
I had separate straps the first year.

This year built the spider sling and it made a HUGE difference.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yeah man I only have used that spider strap thing once before I got a PRB. Honestly, it worked great too. Always a “better” mousetrap out there I suppose. Regardless I think an everything bag is worlds better than a floor with a cargo net. I feel pretty strongly about that. 99% of the efficiency and convenience is using a bag. Running straps through a gear pile with a mesh floor makes my brain tired in hindsight. That being said the clamshell I find useful and easy, that’s what I have now and I would buy it again!

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
I now have a dory.
Let me tell you the story of packing 6 dryboxes: throw the shit in and slam the lids. That's it.

I can drink one beer while I wait for the people with everything bags, then another beer while we all wait for the people with nets, floors, and miles of straps.

Had to start packing more sparkling water so I wasn't tipsy by noon. haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts