Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another swing and a miss for our party....anyone else have better luck?

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
101 Posts
Swing and a miss for me too. But I did two trips on cancelations last year so there is always that!!!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Quite a few threads on it. Bring snow gear and sunny weather gear. Could be blown out for fishing. Leave early in the morning from your last camp, wind is a bitch the last day.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
May 15 is a great time, probably hit caddis then, salmon flies, down river. Plan on snow, sun, warm cold, it could do anything weather wise. Should be before peak runoff and have good flows with off color water but this year who knows, could be after, if we even have water to run off...

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
PM'd you

·
Renaissance *******
1,375 Posts
Nope...
2 out of the 6 we put in were unsuccessful

·
Registered
101 Posts
Spider, didn't you know that our wind up here always blows down river? You must have been rowing the wrong way like they all do on the Jellostone! Just Joshin' Have a great day!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Spider, didn't you know that our wind up here always blows down river? You must have been rowing the wrong way like they all do on the Jellostone! Just Joshin' Have a great day!
All I know is I will not be elf'ing my 18 footer down the smith anytime soon. It was fun enough twice. And if you get out of camp around 7am the wind is more manageable. I'm focusing on the bitterroot and Idaho this spring.

instead of dry suits bring some chest waders, easier to switch layers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts