Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen lately where a lot of people are looking for small trailers that can be pulled by a car. I have the following idea and want input.

I came across a company that makes aluminum ATV wagons which are really high end trailers. These trailers only weight 340 pounds and are a low profile box with a scure lid. The box is water tight so the dust will stay out of the gear. There is a heavy duty rack so more gear can be hauled.

Right now these trailers have ATV tires with two axles. I'm looking at converting to a single axle with over the road tires and making completly road legal. Here is a link to the companies website 1600 Aluminum ATV Wagon-ultimate ATV hunting trailer, camping trailer, dog trailer, fishing ATV trailer,Aluminum ATV trailer

I would love any feedback from people on what they think about this idea. The key design would be a secure cargo trailer a small car can pull yet rugged enough to get to any remote river.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,835 Posts
Seems like a viable idea. With a lengthened tongue and bigger rack bars, you could even put a rigged boat on top for shorter shuttles.

Having the ability to lock most of the stuff inside the box while parked is a good feature. That thing looks pretty small for a full raft set up. I'm thinking 5'x8' is about bare minimum if you want to fit a full oar rig and camping equipment for a multi day trip.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
looks too small--and pricey... for that price along with you're modifications, I would think you could find a 5 by 8 as Dave Frank suggests.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts