Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you know the people who own the rafts shown below?

They camped across from Sunflower Hot Springs on July 16 & 17. While using the hot springs, they felt entitled to use their soap and shampoo under the hotspring waterfall, sending a huge plume of suds directly into the river. The result of that can be seen in the second photo, showing one of our rafts filled with suds that came up through the self-bailing floor.

Furthermore, these disgusting cretins left their empty cans and bottles around the upper pools of the hot spring.

In my report to the Forest Service I recommended that their rafts be shredded and used to pave the Boundary Creek parking lot. If you are these people or know these people, all I can say is stay home!

·
The Old Troll
458 Posts
Due to my advanced years I had to look this up.

LMAO-LAMO
The act of laughing at someone online not because what they say, but be cause of their ignorance and incompetance.

Laughing sarcastically at someone because of their lame statement.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Thats BS, leaving trash on the river is fn disgusting. I would have gone over and talked to them. Hope you figure out who the scum bags are and the TL loses their permit applying privledges for a couple years in all the 4 rivers drawings.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hope you figure out who the scum bags are and the TL loses their permit applying privledges for a couple years in all the 4 rivers drawings.
We took their tag number (83-28, if you're wondering) and included that in our report to the Forest Service. I know that an outfitter also took their tag number, and presumably reported them as well.

·
Registered
207 Posts
If your not burnin gas your not havin fun! Get over it... There is a place for all!
+1
Years ago at Lee's Ferry I was starting a motor for the first time since it had been winterized. The cloud of blue smoke drifted downstream across the 15 rowing rigs that were there. It was beautiful.
Now that I am a rower I still feel there is room for all.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Mogur, please keep the msg board updated

on what if anything the Ranger's do to the people who littered this beautiful place on the Middle Fork.

I also challenge the Middle Fork decisions makers (I bet there are people in their ranks who monitor the Buzz) to give us a update as well.

If the Rangers have time to warn people about leaving tooth paste "sun flowers" on the shore, surely they have time to follow up and report on this violation!

·
SarahofTheWaves
364 Posts
My experience with the MF rangers has been all positive. They have been very responsive in helping us reclaim lost gear. They have also been flexible and reasonable when conditions were adverse.
They will handle this in an appropriate manner. They love the place as much as we do.
S

·
Registered
34 Posts
Got it

I'm pretty sure that yellow Cat belongs to Cosurfgod. I think they were up that way around then. Sounds like something he would do. I'd report him and send him an angry PM.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I am sure the MFS Rangers love the river a lot!

I just want them to let us (the public) know how they handle this in the face violation of the rules most of us MFS boaters follow because it is the right thing to do for this jewel of a river. Might well be a positive incentive to some who would not otherwise follow the rules.

My experience with the MF rangers has been all positive. They have been very responsive in helping us reclaim lost gear. They have also been flexible and reasonable when conditions were adverse.
They will handle this in an appropriate manner. They love the place as much as we do.
S

·
Cpt. No Scout
517 Posts
+1
Years ago at Lee's Ferry I was starting a motor for the first time since it had been winterized. The cloud of blue smoke drifted downstream across the 15 rowing rigs that were there. It was beautiful.
Now that I am a rower I still feel there is room for all.
+2 for motorboating.

There are so few rivers for motorboats and so many thay can't be on that we can. If they bug you, find a different river. Let them have thier fun on what rivers they still have.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts