Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of doing a little overnight trip shortly before memorial day on the Dolores. It looks like there should be fun flow. A few q's:

1) Any beta?

2) Some non-kayaker chums are considering joining me and are intersted in Raft/WW Canoe rental. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!!
-Dan

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Never done that stretch, but if your mian question is about gear rental, you'd do well to repost your question under a different subject line. I do know that that stretch is the easiest one on the Dolores, and that all but the most novice canoists should be OK.

·
Registered
51 Posts
That is a beautiful stretch of river but on Memorial Day weekend you will not be alone. Finding campsites may be a chore. If you can get in there mid week you will have more luck finding a spot to park and pitch your sleeping bags.

The boating is all easy and the water warm so just about anyone can do it in any boat.

I was there about 5 years ago and there was a local shuttle service but I've lost their contact information. Does anyone know if there is a shuttle for hire going on over there now?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts