Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any photos of sweet rigging/decking systems for sleeping on your raft? (2 people) The Dory guys can't have all the fun.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Anyone have any photos of sweet rigging/decking systems for sleeping on your raft? (2 people) The Dory guys can't have all the fun.
This was not cheap, but it is pretty damn cool. We (Down River Equipment) custom make all of our frames, so there are lots of possibilities. This guy planned on putting 3 Silverback Paco Pads on top of the boxes.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,873 Posts
This was not cheap, but it is pretty damn cool. We (Down River Equipment) custom make all of our frames, so there are lots of possibilities. This guy planned on putting 3 Silverback Paco Pads on top of the boxes.

Good lord look at that deck.

You could have an orgy on there.

Saweet.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is a sweet setup... how much time do you have invested in building that?
Thanks!
I have one weekend and around 5 or 6 days after work in it. I am a cheap skate though and I made all the staps, cooler/box cover and drop bag so that took a little extra time. Cutting all the wood goes pretty quick it's just all the dang layers of epoxy and paint that take up the hours.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but when do most people prefer sleeping on your raft? Most of my trips have had either bugs or rain, so sleeping on the boat would not be the best idea.

Just curious...

·
Not to hijack the thread, but when do most people prefer sleeping on your raft? Most of my trips have had either bugs or rain, so sleeping on the boat would not be the best idea.

Just curious...
Hot desert trips, it's a lot cooler.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow. Is that flip up middle thingy your seat. I would not mind seeing a few closeups of how your side decking and drop hatch looks. You got a drop floor? Pics of those. Looks like a clean boat. Gleaning some ideas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts