Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really meaning to insult anyone with subject heading but I am having a hard time adjusting to saying that I wear a skirt. Back in Oz and NZ spray skirts are more commonly called spray decks or "decks" for short. When I refer to my deck being left in the car or at home people look at me blankly. So please if anyone with a silly accent talks about their "deck" just nod politley and say no worries. :)

·
Super Moderator
4,035 Posts
Yeah, its kind of funny -- a lot of my kayaker buddies have to reassure themselves by going around saying "real men wear skirts" and stuff like that. I recommend that you start on an educational effort for us North Americans by saying things like "my deck seems like its shrinking with age" or "My deck's kind of itchy, how's yours?" or maybe "don't you hate it when you put your deck away wet and then it really stinks the next time you pull it out?"

If you're fortunate, one day you'll be secure enough to row a real boat on a hot summer day wearing a nice, comfortable sarong and not be hung up about it! :lol:

Cheers,

--Andy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts