Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my buddy purchased a kayak that a skirt isn't made for I was wondering if there was anything we could buy or make that would work somewhat as a skirt. Any ideas will help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe he called the company and they don't make one. He might try and sell it and get a new one, but in the mean time we were gunna try and rig one on somehow

·
Registered
21 Posts
You'll want to start by going to skirt fit.com, that might help. Then talk to the guys at Immersion Research. They will either have a skirt, or will be able to help you out in some way.

[email protected]
(814) 385 9191

Ian Janoska
Team IR

·
Registered
328 Posts
I don't think the boat was designed to use a skirt: Summit 100x | Pelican Sport

There's little to no rim to put a skirt over and even if you did have a skirt built to fit, I really don't think its going to stay there. The boat doesn't look designed to take on any kind of water where a skirt would be required.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah that was what i was saying i know it can hold a skirt, i was asking of ideas maybe like some velcro or something that we could use in the mean time while he gets a new kayak

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
I wouldn't take that thing on any water tougher than mid grade class 2, and on that kind of water you don't need a skirt...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts