Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
If you towed in I bet with practice you could big wave ski. Paddling out into big sets could be problematic - and entertaining to watch.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
SUP is already not cool, I saw a picture the other day of an old lady SUP'ing except they called it Yolo Boarding. If your parents are doing it it's not cool... lol.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Turner can no longer call SUP river blading. This is what should be called river blading.

Blade nasty... on two skis.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its nice to see that paddlers (and I'm stereotyping here) have a more humerous, laissez-faire attitude than the surfers commenting below the video (in the link I provided in the topic starting post). Those guys are pretty intense!

·
Registered
178 Posts
These are a few of my favorite quotes from the responses. It is obvious these guys are CALI surfers that think they can snowboard. I bet they have pants hanging off their ass. I don't get the Surf vibe, they say"its all about soul" but I have never seen a bigger bunch of Dickheads than in a CA lineup.

"If you've ever met a skier, and as a snowboarder, I've had the unfortunate pleasure, this is not a shocker. Jason Starr is a perfect example; No shame in being a tool, having no clue about what is cool, and deserving of a punch everywhere he goes."

"skiers on mountain = longboarders in the ocean
every1 hates them"

"I vote that we should outlaw SUP, this new crap and those stupid kayakers. anyone who agrees please reply."

I do however like the fact that we now use the term Gapper on the water..

PS....My Name is Ryan and I SUP... and Ski.

RG

·
Registered
158 Posts
Wondering if you wiped out mid wave, how you would get back up? If the boards are fixed to your feet and more buoyant, wouldnt this mean your head is scraping coral in even 5ft of water?
Or do you just have a yard sale?

I would rather ditch surf...haha that looked like fun! thanks for sharing that one.

·
Registered
364 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
it looks like blasphemy to me. Only one man should walk on water and that is my homeboy JC
!!!WEAK!!! Sorry man, someone had to say it. To refer to someone else's or even your own deity (JC - just an assumption) as your "homeboy", really just speaks for itself......I find it almost disrespectful and I'm not even a believer. Oh well, I guess that's the beauty of America and our freedom of speech. I love it, same reason I can voice my opinion on here!! No hard feelings.....hopefully. :mrgreen: Just something to think about. I do apologize in advance if JC is really just a friend of yours, but I don't really care overall (just in the mood for internet war). Ha Haa

Although I still think that anyone willing to go out in sets like those and style them regardless the type of device their using is pretty bad ass in my book. But who am I anyways!

Cheers!!

-Nick

·
Registered
364 Posts
Pretty intense... it must be really hard to swim with freaking AT boots on your feet though.
I wondered the same thing. I bet you rely on your buddy with a waverunner? I can't imagine swimming in the ocean current with 10 pounds attached to each of your feet, and being 100's of yards away from shore. I guess this could also be an innovation to the old mafia style "concrete boots"!! Ha haa!!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Islandertek, obviously you have never seen the extremely IMO stupid t-shirts and hats made by the ever so trendy urban outfitters that say Jesus is my homeboy. In no way shape or form is he my homeboy, although I find it funny that that is some how offensive. Homeboy is slang for good friend and maybe I am wrong, but I thought for most Christians that Jesus was their friend and savior.

My point was that those things are gay, crap sorry.
My point was that those things are retarded, crap sorry.
My point was those things are stupid, I hope I don't offend all the stupid people out there by comparing their low level of brain activity to those skis.

Are we all better now?

·
Registered
364 Posts
STORY BOOK TIME

Islandertek, obviously you have never seen the extremely IMO stupid t-shirts and hats made by the ever so trendy urban outfitters that say Jesus is my homeboy. In no way shape or form is he my homeboy, although I find it funny that that is some how offensive. Homeboy is slang for good friend and maybe I am wrong, but I thought for most Christians that Jesus was their friend and savior.

My point was that those things are gay, crap sorry.
My point was that those things are retarded, crap sorry.
My point was those things are stupid, I hope I don't offend all the stupid people out there by comparing their low level of brain activity to those skis.

Are we all better now?
STORY BOOK TIME:

Ha Haaa!! No, I never heard of them or seen them (urban outfitters). I haven't upset you have I? :mrgreen: Calm down now!! Let's not say or do anything else that you might regret later. Ha Haa!! Wow.....I may be mistaken, but aren't you a school teacher? For a teacher you sure do use a tremendous amount of explicit language. Come on man..... it's all fun and games at this point.

I don't really care as I said last night; I'm not a believer or follower of any certain religion. I'm all good, no hard feelings here!! I didn't mean to get you all fired up.....oh wait that was my entire purpose (just having fun)!! :mrgreen: Lighten up man, I was in the mood last night and now you're right there where I was. If I were to believe in JC, I sure wouldn't refer to him as a "homeboy"(that's just me). I would think of him more as a god and something entirely above me, not an equal if that makes any sense. But I don't follow Christianity, so it doesn't really bother me like it would a true JC believer. I just wanted to start some static!! Like I also said last night, "who am I any way’s".

We're all good man. Come on, the same reason you put the response about the skiing on here. There's no boating going on here in CO, and the snow sucks!! So we are all online like a bunch of hermit's!! Just spicing things up a bit to keep it interesting!! I do get my kicks out of people when their upset!! They usually say and do things that they later on regret. I've fallen for it on here before, so I've learned the tactics. Ha Haaa!! Maybe we can meet up at Shoshone on NYD, and laugh about this!! :mrgreen: Yep, we’re all better now!!

(I know, my bi-polar is kicking in) :mrgreen:
Hey, a little off topic but did you join vertical challenge last year? I rememmber you doing the First Descents fundraiser throught the class V stuff in CO, but don't recall seeing you on the roster. Are you going to form/join a team this year? You should, then do your fundraiser. I thought that was a good idea!! Definitely a good thing to give back and still enjoy what you love doing!!

Cheers!!

-Nick

THE END

1 - 20 of 21 Posts