Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the closest place and/or what the student rates are for season passes?

Thx guys,

Scott

·
Registered
183 Posts
don't miss this

During the first week of school in the fall you can buy Eldora season passes on campus for $90. This is not a deal to miss. There are better resorts, but Eldora is closest and by far cheapest. The backcountry is a little closer. Also 25 min to put in on the Poudre. Bring playboat, creeker, and innertube. It starts running on Friday at 8am. Peaks on Saturday. Live in Old Town if you are a college student. What program are you starting?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yo,

I'm starting the CMB graduate program (cell and molecular biology). I'm defiently bringing some boats and my 2 snowboards. I'm stoked and ready to get on some west-coast creeks.

I'm an avid boater (sponsored creeker) and can't wait to get out west.

Too bad I don't really know anyone at all within 500 miles.

If you're in the area we'll have to hook up.

What appartments are in old town? Any links?

Thx,

Scott

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
Ah man, better cancel that acceptance to get your masters degree at CSU, according to that novacancy choder it's gay. I better drop out before I graduate in a couple weeks, I dont wanna get my degree from some homo school. Thanks for the heads up novac

Turd

·
Registered
13 Posts
Unfortunatally, Ft. Collins is far, far away from the major ski areas in Co. (a three to four hour drive on snowy weekends). I suggest checking out the Cameron Pass area. It's pure backcountry, but it's close (hour and a half on good days) and it has something for everyone. Supper Fun! :D

·
Registered
228 Posts
not sure about "really" close...but as already stated above, it's the closest. The "majors" are all much further from FC.

Cameron is definitely bc, so if you're headed that way, take any avy class, do some reading, get the rescue gear, find some good partners, and get an AT, tele, or split setup....or at least, don't bootpack in the skin track.

Actually, there's a ton of intriguing bc aside from Cameron up that way.

So, yeah, you'll have no problem getting good skiing...as long as you're willing to work for it...in earning turns and/or drive time.

·
Registered
183 Posts
KandSandb must drive really slow! 1 hour 20 min to Cameron on snowpacked roads. 1 hour 30 min to smelldora. 1hour and 45 min to Not So Snowy Range ski area in Wyo. BTW, skiid 25inches of fresh at Cameron Pass today! Amazing1 :p

·
Registered
58 Posts
Eldora may be sort of close and very cheap but there are a lot of things I'd rather do than drive xx minutes to ski there. If you're motivated to ski, you gotta get used to driving and or hiking. There is great skiing in our backyard its just because we have a big backyard and some parts of it are really far away.

-j

1 - 11 of 11 Posts