Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious if I could buy skid guard locally for a project I called Olympic Panel Products which I believe is the manufacture of the board that NRS among others use and they stated that they have ceased production of the product.

Here is a link explaining the board that is no longer made.

Or am I inquiring about the wrong business/product?

·
Banned
258 Posts
Not out of production but I would be the one to talk to about that now. 4 units of it here, remember the finger in the pie comment ;)
image.jpg

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The company I called stated they quit making Skid Guard, Did I call the wrong place or are there multiple manufacturers?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Non-slip plywood :: Winwood Products

I'm sure there are several suppliers/manufacturers. The problem you are going to run into as being an end consumer will be minimum orders.

Variations of that product are used in lots of different industries. The key will be finding one a reasonable distance from you that will kick you down a few sheets.

Maybe try a specialty lumber yard. They may be able to order a few sheets. Or try RV manufacturers, they use that stuff a lot on ramps for toy haulers. You may have to get creative in your search.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found a vendor in my home town for the discounted product mentioned above,

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
385 Posts
Last time I checked 3/4 skidgaurd was 96$ a sheet. 1/2 inch was 80 some. Sold by the unit. 46 per. That's quite a bit of money.

·
Registered
RMR, Hyside, NRS, Sawyer, K2 coolers, Whitewater Worthy Trailers, Frames and soft goods
460 Posts
You may want to check with Cy at Cambridge Welding and see if he has scraps as he uses skid guard for his table tops. He is at least in the same state and it could be worth a drive.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I used 3/4" CDX with two coats exterior polyurethane all over, then two coats on the topside with Behr Deckover non-skid for a floor in my raft. Little bit of work but didn't have to be a Picasso putting coatings on, cheap enough too. Works well after full season of use ... except for the guy with cleats on the bottom of his wading boots...

·
Registered
649 Posts
You can put a thick coat of oil based paint on plywood and then pour sand on it, let it dry, broom it off then one more coat Instant none slip any color you want. ty

driveoosandiliostdtwan

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anybody know where I can buy a sheet of Skidguard. I live in Fort Collins, Colorado. Get to Denver occasionally, Boulder less frequently but could drive. I can get 3/4" marine ply in fort Collins for $93. Would like the antiskid in the rowing compartment. Barry

·
Registered
31 Posts
Plus you have unlimited custom color selection .... for my decking/sideboards I radiused the edges with a router, filled the knot imperfections with Minwax wood filler (dries fast, same thing as Bondo) then did the polyurethane thang with the Deckover rolled on top - you can see the plywood end grain on the side boards - looks cool, I guess like the Skidguard.

Gotta say the oil based paint with sand sounds easiest / fastest though...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Anybody know where I can buy a sheet of Skidguard. I live in Fort Collins, Colorado. Get to Denver occasionally, Boulder less frequently but could drive. I can get 3/4" marine ply in fort Collins for $93. Would like the antiskid in the rowing compartment. Barry
Where do you buy Marine Plywood in Ft Collins? Sears Trostel has quoted 1/2" at $125

·
Registered
31 Posts
I know I'm not answering your question, but exterior glue plywood with the polyurethane or oil based paint on it lasts a long time too, at way less cost. Might be worth considering for raft decking ... maybe not if you're building a boat.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts