Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home today from skiing I was wondering how many people ski, boat, drink, shower and pee all in the same watershed? I've had a Loveland Pass for a couple of years, love to boat all of Clear Creek and live in Golden. If I miss a good powder day, I'll catch it later as either runoff or a craft beer!

PS- I realize most everyone in Colorado plays and lives in either the Colorado or Mississippi watershed, but was hoping to get more specific than that.

·
Registered
536 Posts
That gets complicated. When I lived in Aurora and read the city water supply reports, they get some of their water from the Fryingpan project, so if I skied Aspen, boated the Ark, and flushed into the South Platte, it would have all been within Aurora Water's watershed.
Also, isn't most of the beer made with Clear Creek water Coors? And for that matter isn't most of what is in a Coors just water from Clear Creek filtered past like one hop?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Coors brews using recycled urine from the waste station north of HWY 58, its Clear Creek watershed squared, a brand soon to be on the market for $30 a case in Golden only it will be called CC watershed to the third.

·
God Amongst Men
1,994 Posts
Gunnison/CB locals do....ski in the mtns around CB, boat on the CB Creeks, Taylor, Gunny, Lake Fork, and live in the middle of the system.

·
Misspellingintothefuture!
1,901 Posts
don't ski as much as I used to, but I have skied w.p. park for years, have boated as far up stream as the fraser river in my back yard( and as far down stream as cat), and have bathed and added to the cfs for a large portion of the Colorado river shed.
Plan to boat as much of this drainage as possible before I die, and hope someday my ashes get added to it's flow ( dear lord please, just one last river trip!!)

by it, and with it, and on it, and in it.

·
Beginner
2,468 Posts
I do. I ski, paddle, and piss in the Arkansas. Then it becomes Front Range drinking water. Enjoy my sloppy seconds Colorado Springs!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That gets complicated. When I lived in Aurora and read the city water supply reports, they get some of their water from the Fryingpan project, so if I skied Aspen, boated the Ark, and flushed into the South Platte, it would have all been within Aurora Water's watershed.
Also, isn't most of the beer made with Clear Creek water Coors? And for that matter isn't most of what is in a Coors just water from Clear Creek filtered past like one hop?
Golden City Brewery, Mountain Toad and Cannonball Creek all use Clear Creek water.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts