Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How bad are the skeeters on the MFS first week of July? We launch July 1, and I'm debating about which tent to bring - a superlight pyramid style tent that doesn't have any bug netting on it or a heavier tent that is fully enclosed to keep out bugs.

How bad are those skeeters and other biting critters this time of year?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Hey Dude,

never seen a mosquito on the MFS. Maybe just been lucky we don't have much a problem with them here in the PacNW either. Late summer on the MF lots of problems with fly's and the dreaded groover beetle however (early august)

the two times in July I've run it no mosquitos, no bugs around 4th and 17th launch.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
We've never has mosquitos on the MF or Main Salmon. Yellow jackets here and there, but not mosquitos. There were reports of the yellow jackets being really bad last summer, but my friends who went in early July had no problems. Have fun. The MF is awesome.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i'd be more worried about these than skeeters.

i nearly stepped on two the last trip down. keeeerist, that'll wake you up.
I heard the best way to eradicate them is to step back a few feet, grab the biggest rock you can lift, and toss it on the guy! What good are rattlesnakes anyway?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Seriously? What good are snakes? Well, to start, they keep the rodent population in check...
If you want to kill snakes, suggest you start with the 2-legged variety. Way more of them, even on the MFS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts