Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently posted a pic of a carbon raft frame made by local legend and all around whitewater wizard, Jim Snyder. Y'all may know of his wood paddles, riverstyx and jimmystyx. Anyway Jim recently made a sit on top squirt kayak call the hunch. They have been tweeking it all summer on the Cheat Narrows. Just thought I'd share, I know squirt boating doesn't get much love out west, but I think this innovative could bring squirt boating to the masses.

I know I am excited to finally be able to try squirt boating without have to first buy a custom built kayak.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
After watching squirt at worlds, that is something I'd love to try out. I don't relish trying to squeeze into the current type of boat.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Nice. A squirt boat I might actually be able fit my legs into!

Sent from my SM-P600 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
175 Posts
Way Cool...glad to see that squirt boating is still alive. I saw Jim Snyder back east in 1997 standing up in a ducky running the upper Yakagany river. I was blown away then and he still continues to be a innovator.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Are you sure?

Are you sure it was Jim and not Jeff Snyder running the Upper Yough. Jeff was the Strider in the family. Jim will always be the Godfather of Squirtboating and the main reason the sport continues because of the continued great designs he makes.

I heard that 10 of the Squirt Finalists at this World's where all in Jim Snyder's Slip design. The Hunch could really open some doors for people to try the sport. I always have a second squirt boat around for others to try.

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
That's awesome! When I read the title I thought, oxymoron?...but after reading the thread I am stoked and would love to try one out.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Are you sure it was Jim and not Jeff Snyder running the Upper Yough. Jeff was the Strider in the family. Jim will always be the Godfather of Squirtboating and the main reason the sport continues because of the continued great designs he makes.

I heard that 10 of the Squirt Finalists at this World's where all in Jim Snyder's Slip design. The Hunch could really open some doors for people to try the sport. I always have a second squirt boat around for others to try.
Yeah your right...It could have been Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts