Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats going on with with Silver Bullet right now? Is it good to run? I'm planning to run from RR Bridge to Hecla or Stone next week to get a longer day on the water. Thanks.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I remember in a thread a few weeks ago that it was something to avoid but was not actually "closed?" to private boaters. I'm just wondering if its good/safe to run? While that is speculative anyone on here run it lately?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I called, very nice and helpful. The issue is the hydraulic at the bottom. Commercials must portage and they recommend all boaters portage until visual inspection proves otherwise.

·
don't bogart that
185 Posts
We ran it over fibark before they closed it and if you are looking for a nice recirculating swim with a chance of drowning I would recommend. All others be safe and portage. Super rough!

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Super Moderator
4,212 Posts
Anyone got a "visual inspection" of how it is at the current levels (about 1500 - 1600)? I expect AHRA's going to keep recommending against running it after the flow drops to 700 later this year just to be conservative and as a CYA, however I'm interested in running it, and the stretch to JV, before it gets that low.

Thanks!

-AH

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ran it last sunday, 1700 or so at 3;00pm baseball park, rough but fun, doing it this sunday at about 11;00 am 16ft cat red and black, 970.390.0137 wookie.

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
Anyone got a "visual inspection" of how it is at the current levels (about 1500 - 1600)? I expect AHRA's going to keep recommending against running it after the flow drops to 700 later this year just to be conservative and as a CYA, however I'm interested in running it, and the stretch to JV, before it gets that low.

Thanks!

-AH
Here is what it looked like yesterday. AHRA went in about 2 weeks ago and did some work on the portage trail. They are currently in negotiations with REP about potential changes to the feature to be done this off season.

·
Super Moderator
4,212 Posts
Here is what it looked like yesterday.
Thanks for the visual, Logan! Glad I didn't run it blind a couple of weeks ago

I think I'll wait for the flow to drop a little more considering the swim that's waiting below the rapid.

-AH

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the replies and pics. Andy if you go to run that section let me know and I'll do the same I too would like to run that section. I'm going up to run JV to SB on Friday if anyone will be out that day we can hook up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts