Mountain Buzz banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Thanks. I can only claim one of them. Somehow having a little girl and raft means you end up rowing a pile of little girls while the parents row ahead of you as fast as possible.
Funny! It works that way for boys too! I'm often the "daycare" boat.... 4 or 5 kids playing and having a blast.... usually a loud blast....shrug....all in the name of fun.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
That's funny...took a bunch of my daughters' hockey team rafting this summer...I put one of the coaches in my big boat with the girls. The two in the front right (raft right) are mine.

I had my little 13' boat and the other coaches.

Attachments

·
OC-1 disciple
47 Posts
I hear y’all on the wood look. I made the same concept with marine grade plywood and finished it with a couple coats of homemade spar varnish with the last coat covering a fine light coat of fine grained sand and varnish. Looked beautiful.

As for the weight of the HDPE, yeah it’s heavier by 30% or about 30 pounds per deck.

As promised here is the picture of the deck and the hardware to hold it on

Attachments

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet, but I still love my polymax rails. Lightweight, super easy to work with, zero maintenance, has a million tie down spots, good traction, feels good on bare feet, etc.

You do need to dual rail support it for wider spans, but my 200# ass can bounce on even the longest span on my boat with no concerns.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
I had the same setup, for one season. The slide rails seem so handy, until the lock bolt hogs out divots in the aluminum, and suddenly the damn things don't want to slide anymore. I switched to static positioning on my bimini mounts and like it way more now. YMMV of course.
I had the slides on my last boat and never had any problems. I was convinced to do it by a friend who's had them for years with no issues. I'd actually prefer static mounts, the biggest reason I do it is so that I can get the bimini into the flattest position when stowed for rapids.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I had the slides on my last boat and never had any problems. I was convinced to do it by a friend who's had them for years with no issues. I'd actually prefer static mounts, the biggest reason I do it is so that I can get the bimini into the flattest position when stowed for rapids.
It absolutely could have been the rails I used, or the 200# gorilla turning the screws, that caused mine to fail. I ended up setting my static mounts so that my Bimini folds forward and lands just forward of the top of my bow, and gets strapped to the front d ring for rapids. Quick to deploy/stow and doesn't interfere with my gear that I rig on my sideboards next to my drybox

·
Registered
12 Posts
Almost done putting my new raft together. Put my new boards on today and got my customized rocket box sling from Stitches 'n Stuff earlier this week. I wasn't so sure about the padded divider, but I'm really liking it. Sliding the boxes in is easier than the old drop bag I used and you always place it right where it needs to be the first time thanks to that divider. The bottom is also padded with some ethofoam. I had Jan customize the straps that go over the boxes so they would rest on top of each box. There are D rings on each end for a loop strap to go over both boxes. I really like it.

Beautiful job! Say, what is the size of your front (passenger sitting) bay? Like the depth? Thanks!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet, but I still love my polymax rails. Lightweight, super easy to work with, zero maintenance, has a million tie down spots, good traction, feels good on bare feet, etc.

You do need to dual rail support it for wider spans, but my 200# ass can bounce on even the longest span on my boat with no concerns.
How did you attach your poly max to your frame rails? I’m considering this route with my new frame.

·
Registered
557 Posts
How did you attach your poly max to your frame rails? I’m considering this route with my new frame.
I used 3/4" webbing, just weaved it through the holes and around the rails. It'll be a giant pain in the ass to remove if I ever take them off, but it's seen a few years of abuse with no loosening up at all so I don't anticipate having to mess with it any time soon (I hope).

·
Registered
202 Posts
I used plywood, then had the plywood coated with Rhinoliner truck bed liner. NRS sells clamps you can buy for a few bucks, but they are not listed on the website, you need to call and ask.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts