Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just getting into the excitement of owning my own raft! (and cost!) However, after researching the cost of shuttles, I was a bit surprised to see $100-$200.

I am not sure if this is a good idea or not, but I was thinking of buying a used cheap scooter and leaving it locked up at the takeout. I am sure the roads would be rough, but you could just push it every now and again.

Or, I could just get more friends!

Thoughts?

·
Adventurer
266 Posts
Can be done. I take my plated dirtbike. I have an enclosed trailer so I load the bike in the back of my truck, drop the trailer at the put in, take the truck to take out, unload the bike then go back, take the boat out of said trailer and put bike in there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We recently did that exact thing. Picked up a scoot on craigslist cheap and converted a yakima bicycle carrier to carry the motorcycle. It has worked out pretty nicely so far. The river we go to is about 3-1/2 hours away and it's great to only take one car. The shuttle is about 15 miles on dirt roads, mostly in poor condition so the ride's not great but it's not horrible either. We just bought a cheap kid's bicycle cable combination lock and so far so good.

Here's a couple of pics:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts