Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Thanks Mike! We are definitely lucky to have you in our community.
A few things:
-The scout wave (in salida) looks like butter right now...good job).
-The office wave (also in salida) has a "fin" in the middle of it. Was that intentional?
-In the article you discuss how the park is utilized more by non-kayakers. In Salida, we have the gravel bar/toddler swim area. Was that part of the original design or was it a serendipitous accident? Have you since designed areas like that in other WW parks? For me, nothing is cooler than seeing parents on the rocks chatting as kids are in the water playing.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Thanks Mike! We are definitely lucky to have you in our community.
A few things:
-The scout wave (in salida) looks like butter right now...good job).
-The office wave (also in salida) has a "fin" in the middle of it. Was that intentional?
-In the article you discuss how the park is utilized more by non-kayakers. In Salida, we have the gravel bar/toddler swim area. Was that part of the original design or was it a serendipitous accident? Have you since designed areas like that in other WW parks? For me, nothing is cooler than seeing parents on the rocks chatting as kids are in the water playing.
The fin you are describing was not intentional and I am still puzzled by it, but my guess is higher flows will make it go away....it is frigging low.

The area where the Bongos beach has formed was always over-wide and years ago was composed of large cobble/gravel depositional material. The hope back in '01 was that the deflector would deposit some fines and create a play area, however I was still surprised at how popular that spot is. My son fishes off that beach while my daughter plays in the sand...so fun on a hot day in July.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts