Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I don't know specifically about the SR helmets but in general ski helmets are designed to take a large impact: when your head hits the snow, there is typically a very large surface-area of impact as the helmet presses into the snow. Whereas with kayaking, it is typically a point impact. You'll also notice that most kayak helmets are rigid and do not compress as much in an impact while in ski helmets the foam usually compresses permanently upon impact.

So, while an SR helmet is better than nothing, I would personally still use a helmet designed for skiing.

COUNT

·
Registered
272 Posts
specific sport helmets are designed for a certain mile an hour impact. i've heard that kayak helmets are around 13 MPH. do you ski around 13 MPH?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Shred Ready Helmets

The other guys are right, There are certain perameters for impact resitance for different sports. Helmets designed specifically for Whitewater will not be at the same certification standards for impacts for skiing and boarding helmets. However if you like the fit of the Shred Ready try out the Shred Ready Phly helmet. It is designed to be both a ski /snowboard and paddling helmet. If you can't find one at your local shop drop me a line and I can get you one so you can check it out.

Brian
Sales Rep
Shred Ready, Level 6, Salamander
[email protected]
[email protected]

·
Registered
64 Posts
My old roomy is good friends with Tom from Shred ready,and he rocks the Phly.He loves it ,and it's pretty much on his head from the time he's at the resort til he leaves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts