Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out fishing with my buddy yesterday in my NRS Outlaw raft rig and he hits the back end of the raft against a rock wall. He is a newbie to the oars and we banged pretty good. Question... When I took a look at the boat later that day I noticed a few scratches and a bigger " deeper" scratch where the rock face snagged it. Any need for alarm? It's holding air, but it's only a year old boat. Will it stretch out wider?
Any one want to chime in and tell me that it's no big deal or suggestions?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Picture?

·
Registered
308 Posts
If the underlying fabric is not damaged or frayed, strength wise your probably ok. Paint it with soapy water and check for bubbles and look really close because sometimes there are just tiny bubbles that take a while to appear. If it leaks at all I'd throw a patch over the whole mess and be done with it.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I'd classify that a 'light abrasion' and just keep an eye on it. No immediate attention required. Doesn't look like it even got near to the fabric layer. My boat has plenty worse than that and holds air just fine.

If you had a more severe area you could apply a wear patch and the boat would be fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Perfect!! I truly did not think it was bad, but as a new raft owner it was on my mind a bit. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Just get ready for more small scrapes like that. You don't have anything to worry about. Your boat didn't come from Target. Have fun!

·
Old Guy in a PFD
1,106 Posts
So here's the thing.
Your raft is fine. Nothing to worry about.
However, your "friend" apparently was allowed to thoroughly embarrass and disrespect you AND endanger your life, limb and raft with no consequence. I mean, the dude drove you into a freaking ROCK WALL and so far as you have reported, suffered no ill consequences.
At minimum your friend owed you a case of beer, probably his woman, and if you played it right, his daughter, assuming he has one. If not, then his dog and/or truck.
Cmon dude, have you no self respect?? Someone crashes your rig into a freaking ROCK WALL, and your biggest concern is about the scratch?

Think about it this way; if he'd bounced your kid, or your wife (or husband) off of a wall, either intentionally or by accident, would you be all "Are you all right dear?" or would you go all postal on the friend?
Jesus. People these days...........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts