Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad to see everyone is rallying. It will be fun! I am open to a different meeting time. I was just hoping to have time for a second run if the weather is favorable for it.

Hobie- will you be on your SUP again? If so I'd love to shoot some more images of you doing your thing. Maybe I can get an early run then spend some time photographing like last year. Did you see yourself in Stand Up Journal?

phlogistonrich- I'm in Colorado Whitewater. I tried to get a crew last year and everyone went for the sensible choice of skiing. I'll try again as well.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm pretty sure I'll be there, unless something comes up at work!! Is 11:00am the usual time everyone else normally meets?? This will be my first!! I'll see you guys at the take-out!!

Cheers!!

-Nick

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Last year it was noon and lots of folks were waiting around having arrived early, but I thought if we met at 11:00 is would allow a warmer 2nd run. I am up for meeting whenever.

·
Likes it wet.
295 Posts
The girlfriend and I should be able to make it as well... as long as a big snow event doesn't mess our drive up.

-Mike

·
Registered
16 Posts
Takeout at 11 sounds fine

Peter, Yeah, I'll see who from CW I can rally up. Regardless, 11 at Grizzly sounds fine. I'll be up for 2 runs also, weather permitting. Of course all of this is may be moot (for me) if we awake to an epic dump.
Look for me. Silver Volvo wagon. Blue Mamba.
Ted

·
Registered
966 Posts
Aewsome! I was wondering what I was going to do that day! Can't wait: )

·
Registered
966 Posts
Mike - you and Liz (a.k.a."the girlfriend") and I should carpool. Be sure to touch base.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Whats up Nick.

Yeh there are usually 2 crews one that meets at 11 and one that meets at 12. I ran both last year at 35 deg.

5TH year senior of the new years day run!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Whats up Nick.

Yeh there are usually 2 crews one that meets at 11 and one that meets at 12. I ran both last year at 35 deg.

5TH year senior of the new years day run!!
What's up Gannon!! Long time no speak!! Dude, I am so sorry about standing you up on clear creek earlier in the season!! I tried calling you but you were already in the canyon with no signal (I ended up doing my first black rock run that same week though..woohooo!!)!! It won't happen again buddy......hopefully not (F'n work!!)!!! It'll be good to see you again!! I'll be at shoshone unless "snow" stops me going over Vail pass!! I took the day off work so I'm hoping for good weather!!! See you there!!

Cheers!!

-Nick

·
Registered
703 Posts
I'm in even if there is a big snow day! Gannon, I'll meet at 11. Anyone know if Barrell has water? I seem to recall Hobie getting it two years back in some really damn cold temps. Coming from Denver, if anyone is looking for a ride.

Josh

·
Registered
27 Posts
Beth! Thanks for making me not sound like a piece of gear ;)That sounds good! Gotta figure out what boat I will use, considering I sold both of my boats... We'll figure that out later. Ha. Once finals are over.

Liz :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
+2 more

My bro and I are game for this.

Nick, Joey and I are game for Shoshone as long as there isn't a big dump and crummy road conditions. Not sure of the carpool logistics yet, but will let you know.

We'd be game for meeting up with everyone at 11-ish and possibly doin 2 laps too. (depending on weather)

·
Registered
950 Posts
Nick, I watched your long vids of the season...pretty good. The carnage at sunshine was absolutely funny...Sorry but I couldn't help but laugh..I do remember a thread about guys sporting pink boats.

Didn't the blackrock section go well? Why never do it again...another year and you'll be comfortable on it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm in Colorado Whitewater. I tried to get a crew last year and everyone went for the sensible choice of skiing. I'll try again as well.
Hey Peter - I am in CW and we WERE there last year - about 10 of us. We just missed your first lap, is all! :p Weather dependant, we will try our best again this year!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have limited experience and am wondering how hard this run is?...Don't wanna get in over my head...Is it alot harder than Deckers?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts