Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With it now being December, I'm thinking about our annual New Years Day run on Shoshone. Who is going to make it this year? I’m not sure if it will be as nice as last year being 40 degrees, But it was cool to see over 70 paddlers on NYD and many of us doing multiple laps. What a great time I had with all you other kooks!!!!

Lets plan to meet at 12:00 noon at Grizzly Creek and be leaving the parking lot for Shoshone ASAP.

If we have another winter like last this might be the best day paddling in 2013.

Here are some pictures from 2009 Shoshone New Years Day 2009

Here are pictures from 2010 Facebook-Shosho NYD 2010

Here are pictures from 2011 Facebook-Shosho NYD 2011

Attachments

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Never done this before, but I have some motivation this year to get in some strokes. If I can share a ride up with someone, I'm in.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never done this before, but I have some motivation this year to get in some strokes. If I can share a ride up with someone, I'm in.
Whoever is thinking about going post up where you are coming from and lets share some rides.

I'm coming from Boulder.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Im goin for sure hope it has decent flows went there around a week ago wasnt as great as i hoped but still a great day on the water

·
Registered
966 Posts
I'm planning on going! I thought i would wait until 12/22/12 to decide, as the decision would have been made for me, if the zombie apocalypse had actually occured 12/21/12.
Kevin, Peter and I have car pooled in years past, so we should all head together this year.
I have neglected to send my dry suit in for gasket repairs....oops....looks like ill be seeing just how sweet the Sweet dry top, I won at bailey fest is!
See y'all soon!
Beth

·
Registered
25 Posts
went to go for a paddle on sho today.....it was low low low and there were ice shelves across the river in several spots (notably across below the wall)....be careful if you go!

wish I had off nyd

·
Registered
966 Posts
Terry,

It's always a good time and more and more people join every year. I think this year is my 4th year! There are lots of front rangers that go, so a ride shouldn't be a problem if u want to ride share from Denver. Hope you're able to make it!

·
Registered
648 Posts
We will be there

Me (Mike), Henry, and maybe for the very first time, my wife Gina in her duckie and a drysuit... LOL

·
Registered
407 Posts
anyone know what its looking like been hearing some word of frozen sections anyone seen it lately? coming from grand junction thanks for any info!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's looking like a great crew.
Winter finally decided to show up. I'm hoping for snow to build a kicker off the boat ramp into the river.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts