Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's December 1st and I'm thinking about our annual New Years Day run on Shoshone. Who is going to make it this year? It' got to be warmer than last year, right. My truck said 7 degrees at the put in. What a great time I had with all you other kooks!!!!

Lets plan to meet at 12 noon at the Grizzly Creek take out and get going ASAP.

Here are some pictures from 2009 Shoshone New Years Day 2009

Here are pictures from 2010 Facebook-Shosho NYD 2010

Here are pictures from 2011 Facebook-Shosho NYD 2011

·
Registered
703 Posts
Haha, its still early for this post Peter. Hope your planning on bumping this a great many times. That said, if I'm around, I'm In.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Well this will be my 2nd year to miss since I'm in Arkansas. I didn't miss a new years day paddle though! It rained and was 70 deg on the good ole Cossatot!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm aiming to be there Peter, though likely coming from the west this time. And I'd love to not have ice forming on me 10 minutes after getting in the water!

John

·
Registered
966 Posts
Thank god for dry suits! Best purchase EVER. I'll be there if I am in Co and I think I will be. 3 years in a row, baby!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds good everyone! I am looking forward to it.

I do hope to paddle a few times between now and then. Kinda cold today at 3 degrees but I did see they are releasing on Bailey & Foxton right now.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Could this be done in a Mini-Max? Enough water for it?
Sure, I think that would go. Although every year someone talks about bringing a raft and I have yet to see one on NYD. Maybe you can change that for me. But so far it's just kayakers with the frozen brown claw...

·
Registered
579 Posts
I'm in, but only because i was told there will be a snow ramp!!!!
.... and it'll get my January paddle day over with.

Mostly the ramp though.

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Agreed, thank goodness for drysuits! I got '09 and '10, but last year was too cold!

I'm 50/50 for '12...

·
Registered
966 Posts
just kayakers with the frozen brown claw...
Ha!

I'm in, but only because i was told there will be a snow ramp!!!!
The ramp has been MIA the last 2 years - this must change.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think we should build a kicker on the boat ramp and another launching into the river, The Shoshone Terrain Park. :)

·
Registered
648 Posts
I think a kicker would be great! Got a Dutch exchange student (who happens to be on the Dutch Natl. Wildwater Team), we're bringing him and maybe my wife in her duckie if I can find a drysuit for her.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I'm in for all. ramp, tunnel, kicker to the riverm need a high wall to make the corner of the 1st ramp to 2nd.....I believe that kicker was there in the 10 photo's(really crappy though, more concrete than snow), 09 for sure it was.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts