Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daniel D was hit by a train this morning in Asheville and has suffered some serious injuries. I'm not going to go on about it or speculate the situation around the incident but keep him in your prayers tonight. He's in the hospital at the moment.

Scott

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
What little I know...

He was hiking up in a wilderness area yesterday to either scout a place to film a time lapse sunrise, or go shoot it. No one knows what happened since he was alone when he was hit by the train.

He's been unconscious ever since with serious injuries. They are going to take him off of life support tonight.

It's a sad day.

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
Your talking about Daniel Dela(sp?)? Thats no good. I dont know the guy personally but I am a big fan of his stuff. Thoughts are with him.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Any more info.....damn....that is horrible...he took me down some of my first runs down the Green. My prayers are with him!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Whitelightning: He was one of the guys behind LVM- Lunch Video Magazine. I don't think he posted on here- probably just boatertalk. Pretty sad stuff.

·
Registered
619 Posts
From wlos.com

Asheville Man Hit By Train
An Asheville man is in critical condition after getting hit by a train inside a tunnel.

Authorities say 28 year old Daniel Delavergne was camping inside the tunnel near Old Fort.

They say he was asleep when the Norfolk Southern train woke him up about 11:30 Tuesday morning and he couldn't get out of the way in time.

Investigators are still trying to figure out what Delvergne was doing so close to the railroad.

Investigators say Delvergne lost one of his limbs in the accident and sustained massive head trauma.

No charges have been filed against the train engineer.

(posted 5:44 pm, 03/07/06)

·
Registered
30 Posts
latest on Daniel

latest on Daniel from boatertalk

'There will be a service in Asheville tomorrow night (Thursday), and then the funeral will be held in Tampa, FL, Daniel's hometown over the weekend. This is all the information that i have right now. Keep checking here and the IR and LVM site for updates.
In regard to a memorial fund, please continue your efforts to raise money locally and as soon as we can think clearly again, we will have a fund set up through IR/LVM for Daniel that you can donate this money to. '

1 - 9 of 9 Posts