Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
There's actually a web site that will tell you the options and the cost. Do a google search on "kayaking shipping" and see what you come up with.

When I did it, Fed Ex ground was the only option at about $50.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Forward Air

I've used Forward Air several times. Usually costs about $50, but their national hub is in OH. That might make it a little cheaper to ship to OH.

I would venture to say that Forward Air is one of the most popular ways to ship kayaks. Just take it to the terminal in Denver, and away it goes. Y

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
These guys were great: SportsExpress

They will ship a kayak below 8', and it cost me $45 to get it from my office in Broomfield to the guy's house outside of Reno. I've shipped Forward Air about 6 times, and that's always gone pretty well; but there wasn't a terminal in Reno so I tried this company. Went very smooth, and the guy had the boat in 3 days. So, if Forward Air doesn't have a terminal near where the boat's going in Ohio, check these guys out. They're also apparently a Colorado business (Durango), so it's nice to use locals.

http://www.sportsexpress.com/

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Forward Air

Big changes at Forward Air. They will no longer ship used kayaks that are not crated in wood or in a ridgid cardboard tube. Just too many claims of damaged kayaks in the private sector.

Everytime the out of state buyer would go to pick-up their never seen , but still purchased boat. They would insist that it was Forward Air that put the scratchs in the boat. The seller would blame it on Forward Air and the buyer would blame it on Forward Air, so Forward Air raised the standard in wrapping the kayaks to prevent damage and the claims.

The cost to ship is still the same to ship, but your personal wrapping charges are going to go way up. Best of luck.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Re: Forward Air

Don said:
They would insist that it was Forward Air that put the scratchs in the boat.
What a bunch of losers. Way to go ruining it for the rest of us. Probably the same idiots that gank other folks' gear out of the back of a pickup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts