Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
God Amongst Men
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're looking at putting together a trip to India in the future. One of the places we've talked about is Shimla, in Himachal Pradesh, and we'd like to do some boating whilst we are there.

Looks like the Sutlej is right there, as are numerous other big rivers. Before I start doing the big research project, anyone have some good advice for the area? When to go? Where to boat? Any reputable companies? Noteworthy stretches that are "must do"? Thanks so much!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Manali, which is a little north of Simla may also be worth going to.The Beas flows right through it, and Manali is the adventure capital of India. I know there are guided trips on various sections of the Beas.It is also the jumping off point for the Ladakh/Zanskar region.There is a lot of beta on North India by British boaters. I am sure someone will chime in here wrt this.Some rivers there are rain dependent and some are from runoff in the spring so adjust accordingly. I am sure it will be a blast.

·
God Amongst Men
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the helpful info! I appreciate it a bunch. Sounds like we might have to add in some time in Manali too.

Hoping some people chime in now with additional info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts