Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seeing if there is anybody out there interested in joining me on a multi-day paddle on the Shenandoah River, June 20-27. The dates are tentative until I can confirm a ferry to the SP. So they could shift a little left or right but its 100% happening. It'll be about 180 miles starting on the North River to the South Branch of the Shenandoah and ending at Harpers Ferry.

I have it all mapped and planned out - 25-30 miles is my daily goal (dependent on water conditions, weather and available camping) which is very much achievable if water levels are still above normal (the river is booming now). I gave it about 8 days which will definitely be more than enough - wanted some wiggle room. I also have a potential ferry to the start point. My truck will be at the end point.

I paddled 420 miles down the Kentucky River last year and 320 miles down the Allegheny River in 2013 - they were really fantastic experiences.

If you're interested to come along or have any suggestions or experience with this river, please, you're more than welcome and let me know. Thanks!

Map Line Parallel Terrestrial plant Screenshot

1 - 2 of 2 Posts