Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have really found a soft spot for the sotar strike as a fishing boat. Its nimble, carries the weight of three anglers very well and cuts wind nicely with a shallow draft. Heres a couple pics of the rig I've had the pleasure of rowing and fishing from lately.

forgot to mention how much room it has on the inside. It also handled well as a light gear boat on our overnight trip.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
looking forward to testing its abilities on the lochsa as well. I don't think too many strike models get run upside down.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They aren't mine but I really like the shoal cuts in boney water. They were a little much in bigger water. Rowing my cat oars, that I previously thought were light, now feel like boat anchors. I'm seriously considering a set of pro lok oars next.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Looks nice all painted up spider. I see you ditched the idea of a removable rear seat setup.

I tried to talk the wife into another salmon trip next weekend but was shot down... mom in law will be here. Rat Farts.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks nice all painted up spider. I see you ditched the idea of a removable rear seat setup.

I tried to talk the wife into another salmon trip next weekend but was shot down... mom in law will be here. Rat Farts.
carve was talking about the following weekend on the main.

we will throw a breakdown expedition frame on it as needed. I'm going to build a seat bar that can be switched out with the straight bar in front for less flip prone trips.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts