Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the design features of the Seven2 paddles but the whitewater version is too expensive for me right now (about $250.). The touring model is only about $100 bucks. If I take the touring model on the river how much performance and reliability am I sacrificing for being such a tightwad?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Go with whitewater if any

I just snapped my three times used $350 r-series on a class II/III river. It snapped in a hole, I have video of it, I wasn't bracing off the bottom or anything. I know a pro-paddler who uses them cause he has carpal tunnel, he's gone through 9 whitewater ones in a year. To me its a very fragile paddle for the money.

If I had to do it all over again, I would get a lightning (www.paddles.com). They are a midrange paddle, that can standup to years of abuse.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just ordered a Rough Stuff kinetic twintex online from a place in Ft. Collins for around $185. They also had a polyglass one for around $150 and some high end carbon crank shafts for $300 or so. The paddles are made in Ireland and have pics of the designer/owner of the company chopping through a wood pallet and driving over one of their paddles with a land Rover w/out any damage to the paddle on their website. They're supposed to be tough and reasonably priced. I haven't received mine yet to test out though.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I've tried them all, wooden, fiberglass, carbon fiber. Fact is, werner paddles last and last and last. Plus you can replace the pieces that break pretty quickly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts