Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK all.....I'm bringing a Scout group from the east to camp and do a 5 day trip on the Arkansas in late July. We're signed up with a well-known (not to be named!) outfitter and I'm following this board for any and all Ark news. Our ages range from 15 - 61 with mostly young strong guys who are inexperienced rafters if you know what I mean! We older ones have rafted before on the Yough, Cheat, New, Lower Salmon etc. so we know what trouble can be. Everyone is an excellent swimmer.

Any serious guesses on when the river will go down below the "HIGH" level shown on Eddy Flower? If it doesn't go down below HIGH, what water level amount is relatively safe/good?

BTW - I have learned alot from reading this board already!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Late July, you should be fine.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Late July.....

1200-1400 cfs on the Numbers.
1400-1600 cfs in Browns.
1800-2000 cfs on Parkdale and in the Royal Gorge.
50 on Grape Creek. ;)

Those are my guesses.

I'm guessing someone will drive over Independance Pass this holiday weekend and tell us how much snow is still left for Lake Creek. That will be the gauge to watch. It's still about 1400 cfs with 650 being high (too high?) water.

·
White R. BC
321 Posts
Regal,

The Ark has so many runs of differing difficulty that your responsible outfitter can pick an appropriate run for your group and river level. Sounds like a great outing. Have fun.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Its difficulty that your responsible outfitter can pick an appropriate run for your group and river level.In holiday weekend and tell us how much snow is still left for Lake Creek.so, we know what trouble can be then only its better to go for that.
===================================================
Synjones

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Synjones..............your early morning response to this two month old thread has me wondering................Are you on Drugs???

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Nathan,
It could be drunkin typin.......My guess is he sobered up and changed his drug of choice.......which use to be alcohol.......as you point out about his sig line........but signing up for the BUZZ and posting at 4 in the morning............Drugs is a definite possibility.......... That's all I'm saying.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts