Mountain Buzz banner

Semi OT: anybody got a ripped dry bag for patches?

Tags
bag
2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  redbeard 
#1 ·
so I got a crazy little ducky thing from the paddle shop in boulder, but it's got a few holes and I need to patch them. I don't often bother with inflatables, but as the price was right... so I don't want to spend the same loot on just the patch, eh?

I thought maybe an old ripped drybag would provide a few good patches for me, it needs some serious reinforcemnt on the thwarts, maybe even warranting a full covering of the undersides.

any other ideas are more than welcome, that's why I posted here instead of in the swap, sorry if this offends anyone :p

I'm in boulder, but can travel somewhat to pick up, I can even bring some beer in trade! lemme know what sort of crap you've got!

#5 ·
that would be cool, is it Vinyl? where abouts are you?

I'm considering cutting the twarts too, since the fellow has since realized it wasnt' the best design. here's the new one, I think I have the smallest, but in stead of foam thwarts, mine has air... I may cut them out and replace with closed cell foam or some other frame.

#6 ·
Redbeard,

They sell patches at AAA,Down the River,and probably BOC and Alpenglow,Jonny and Don probably have sumthin'' laying around down at Confluence,they aren't expensive,but the glue is.I've got a stash of glue I'd share and probably material too,beer is currency to me.

What is that thing a Waterwolf?Thrillcat? ...you want air not foam for compactness,trying to cut out the thwart is not recommended pm me if you want the glue/patches

#8 ·
Okay, if you still need some I've got a small ripped drybag (might provide 2 sq. ft. of plastic when unrolled and cut). It's the plastic kind though (new NRS, not the rubbery plastic that the old dry bags used to be made of). I'm in Golden.

COUNT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.