Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m considering hiking from Corn Creek to Paradise for a mid July launch but have a lot of knowledge gaps. Would any of the stretch above Paradise be pack-raftable at, say, 1’? Odds of hitching from Macgruder Cabin to Paradise? Most efficient route? I’ve seen the FS trail condition reports, which sound promising. Any knowledge the hive mind can contribute is much appreciated.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
I’m considering hiking from Corn Creek to Paradise for a mid July launch but have a lot of knowledge gaps. Would any of the stretch above Paradise be pack-raftable at, say, 1’? Odds of hitching from Macgruder Cabin to Paradise? Most efficient route? I’ve seen the FS trail condition reports, which sound promising. Any knowledge the hive mind can contribute is much appreciated.
Not sure, but a buddy of mine has IK'ed the Selway below Paradise several times in late August and loved it. He's more into fishing than whitewater, but said they didn't have to portage/drag their IKs very much.

·
Registered
51 Posts
While I have not boated the Selway above White Cap Creek or seen it below 2.0. When driving along it to the put in, it looks very creek like with lots of strainers. I wouldn't recommend it, but lots of people do things I wouldn't recommend. Happy boating!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts