Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or help me find a 14' hypalon self bailer in good condition so I can replenish my soul with the spring melt.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I'm not selling my raft, but if you tell me your price point I can keep an eye out for you. Are you looking for a whole rowing package or just the rubber?

Check the classifieds here and also check NRS gear swap. I checked everyday for a couple months before finding my boat, and there were more being put up for sale at the time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been watching Craigslist, NRS gear swap, ifish.net, etc. like a hawk for 3 months now. Haven't seen anything that fits the bill. Starting to feel like a quest. Just looking for the rubber. 13' is too small for multi-day, 14' (or maybe 15') is what I need. My budget tops out around $3,000 for the right boat. Your efforts on my behalf are appreciated.

·
Registered
373 Posts
There is a 14' hyside on Craigslist for way reasonable. Military valves suck but are serviceable and can be upgraded for time and money. I'd look at it with a big bucket of soapy h2o if I was in the market.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Keep looking. I got my 2012 NRS 140 Otter (14' x 7') for $3000 here on the buzz. Came with partial frame, oars and a few other things. You should be able to find a good deal when more boats start popping up for sale.

Also check major manufactures and outfitters. They often sell demo boats for up to $1000 off. If you don't mind a couple patches, outfitters often turn over their boats after a couple of seasons and there are some good deals to be had.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I also found one of my boats last year on buzz......check with a few outfitters to see if they are flipping their fleet. I picked up an 06 Avon SB for 2500 last year. If you are interested in Avon, check with Clavey. They don't carry them any more (the boats are no longer made), but they may be able to turn you toward outfitters that stocked from them. Good luck!

·
Registered
205 Posts
There is also a 14 Maravia in Bend for a good price. It is a commercial company selling it so good chance it will have some wear and patches. But very likely it will hold air just fine. The price is right and worth a look if you are also in Bend. Too bad they don't post a picture.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts