Mountain Buzz banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
You interested in making another one of those? I'd obviously pay for your time, effort, materials, and shipping. I just don't have the tools to cut, drill, and rivet.
Sorry, I couldn't justify charging what it would take to duplicate. I just checked the standard small Pop Up Pit with the factory stand and it comes in at 37 ounces so only a couple of ounces of weight savings. The factory stand does add 4 inches to the overall length of the bundle but it's still only 16" long and easier to set up than my modified one.

·
Sponsoring Vendors
286 Posts
Do keep in mind the Trailblazer does still use aluminum side walls. Keep your fires away from the side walls. We have only seen 2 side walls on the standard Pop-Up-Pit warped, but it can happen. Keep the fires at least an inch from the edges.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Still playing around with my trailblazer Pot Up Pit. Found a way to use the stand with a modification to make it shorter. I cut the top part down to 1 1/4 inches and found that when extended it still will support the grill. I think it will work ok but if not it's easy to get another stand. If you do this use a tubing cutter and cut with the stand retracted to avoid damaging the internal pieces.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I made one of these a while back, though I changed the dimensions to 18" x 18" as it was what I had, and I wanted a square instead of rectangle. I put a fiberglass blanket inside and underneath, and found a Crocket Set at Goodwill that had a perfect bag for me to store it in. :)

Reactions: GeoRon

·
Registered
1 Posts
What do you all think of the Firekorf? Firekorf a portable Fire Pit / Grill and Roasting Spit!

I purchased one of these to use on overnight kayaking trips. It clearly doesn't meet regs where they require a fully rigid pan, but it does fully enclose ashes from escaping w/ the included top cover.
Will use it with a fireproof blanket underneath to prevent scorching, and maybe make a solid pan when needed

·
Registered
1 Posts
UCO Flatpack Portable Grill Stainless Steel Fire Pit
Amazon these are pretty compact worth a look fold up in a back pack. You would need a small welding blanket also.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
UCO Flatpack Portable Grill Stainless Steel Fire Pit
Amazon these are pretty compact worth a look fold up in a back pack. You would need a small welding blanket also. View attachment 63019
That looks like a nice rig but probably fails on the 12" x 12" x 3" regulation. Maybe someone else will confirm if it fulfills regs elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I made one of these a while back, though I changed the dimensions to 18" x 18" as it was what I had, and I wanted a square instead of rectangle. I put a fiberglass blanket inside and underneath, and found a Crocket Set at Goodwill that had a perfect bag for me to store it in. :)
That one would work great. Where do I buy it?

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I bought and have received a Trailblazer by Pop up Pits. It is a bit heavier and larger than what I would have preferred for a never likely to be used regulation satisfying self support firepan. But after setting it up and pondering it,,,, I can definitely visualize a nice little warming fire in it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I bought and have received a Trailblazer by Pop up Pits. It is a bit heavier and larger than what I would have preferred for a never likely to be used regulation satisfying self support firepan. But after setting it up and pondering it,,,, I can definitely visualize a nice little warming fire in it.
I agree it is a bit heavy for my specific intended uses, but I'm pleased with how small it packs up and having owned a pop up fire pit for a while and knowing how well it works I think the trailblazer was a great buy. Plus Triston and campfire defender are always so helpful and responsive to buzzards, I can only say good things about him, the product, and especially the customer service.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts