Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Things have been pretty wonky around permits and people this year, so I’m tossing out a request - with little hope, but muted optimism.

If you have a late-breaking spot on a Selway trip available, and you’re open to another friendly, qualified rafter joining, I’d love to go.

Without listing my entire resume, I’m a gregarious, supportive trip-mate, and genuinely get along with everyone. I’m extremely well-whitewater-qualified, as well: I’ve guided 400+ days of class V on 65+ rivers. I have never run the Selway.

I’ll send you a link to video if you want to see me row. In fact, I will gladly help document the trip and edit a video after the trip ends, if that helps grease the skids.

I’ve got a new 14’6” SOTAR and all my own gear. I will happily pay all shared expenses without delay, and will contribute to group meals and the gear pool as needed. I could carry some group kayaker’s gear if needed. I’ve been very conservative in social distancing and would do so on the trip.

Drop me a note if you’ve got a Selway space, and would be open to having a new friend join. I can likely do so with three-days notice or more.

Thanks, and happy boating this summer!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. Unlikely, I know. If I were on the other end, I’d consider it, and I’ve seen - even recently - folks open to others joining various trips. I’ve tried to make my appeal fair.
I’m grateful the rafting community is generally that - a community.
Happy rafting this year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts