Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are trying to identify the prepackaged salad product that comes packed in a plastic box - perfect for carrying in a cooler on multiday raft trips.

Traveling cross-country to the MF Salmon in Idaho and need to purchase enroute - Billings, Bozeman, Butte...

Anybody out there have a product name, or know for sure what stores/chains carry it?

Apologies for such a tame posting, but if you were on OUR trip, you would be very happy with dinner on our night!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why not pack your own salad in tupperware. buy the bag shit put it in walla
yah, could do. Someone told us about this particular product that comes in a square vac packed plastic box that evidently lasts a long time until it's opened, making it perfect for packing and lasting on multi-day trips. Not something I would normally ever buy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
seeking salad for multi-day

Cabbage lasts a LONG time; get creative apples, celery, etc. You can also vacum pack regular iceberg lettuce. Red leaf lettuce is a waste.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Nat. I buy either the private select organic at the nearest Kroger outlet. Or the big one that costco offers. They are both in the hard plastic(recyclable) with the resealable top. The last one from costco lasted 10 days in the fridge(after opening) and was still good not just passable. I could be wrong but the organic seem to last longer as I beleive it has to get to the store faster to wear the lable. sj

1 - 7 of 7 Posts