Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy! :p

(I'm posting this in both the Boater's and the Betty forums.)

I discovered whitewater kayaking a few months ago and promised myself to immerse myself into it during my next vacation.

So, I'm looking for an in-depth (perhaps, week-long) introduction to the sport. It seems courses are primarily conducted during the weekends (with a lake component followed by a river day) with a 4:1 group to instructor ratio. That's great for some, but since it's a water-sport, I cannot wear my hearing aids on the river and think I would prefer private instruction. (I can lip-read and communicate verbally.)

My ideal situation would be a class II-III trip or a crash-course consisting of daily instruction for a number of consecutive days. I would need to rent gear, and if presented with a trip option, I assure you that I'm a laid-back chill gal to camp out with: I'm a WEMT, a great back-country cook, and have a plethora of funny stories and jokes to share.

Suggestions, friendly introductions, and referrals for private instruction are greatly appreciated. I'll be based in the Denver area, but am willing to travel anywhere. The time frame I'm looking at is between 9/22 - 9/27.

Have a great Labor Day weekend, folks!

Cheers!

·
TheVanLife
17 Posts
RAGuides are better

You should look into RAGuides they are amazing and they have a wonderful woman on their staff who is a great class IV+/V- boater and loves to teach. Make sure that you ask for Christine.

Good luck!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Howdy! :p

(I'm posting this in both the Boater's and the Betty forums.)

I discovered whitewater kayaking a few months ago and promised myself to immerse myself into it during my next vacation.

So, I'm looking for an in-depth (perhaps, week-long) introduction to the sport. It seems courses are primarily conducted during the weekends (with a lake component followed by a river day) with a 4:1 group to instructor ratio. That's great for some, but since it's a water-sport, I cannot wear my hearing aids on the river and think I would prefer private instruction. (I can lip-read and communicate verbally.)

My ideal situation would be a class II-III trip or a crash-course consisting of daily instruction for a number of consecutive days. I would need to rent gear, and if presented with a trip option, I assure you that I'm a laid-back chill gal to camp out with: I'm a WEMT, a great back-country cook, and have a plethora of funny stories and jokes to share.

Suggestions, friendly introductions, and referrals for private instruction are greatly appreciated. I'll be based in the Denver area, but am willing to travel anywhere. The time frame I'm looking at is between 9/22 - 9/27.

Have a great Labor Day weekend, folks!

Cheers!
Come check us out at Alpine Kayak. We do trips for all abilities and have been for over 20 years. We do private, customized trips on a regular basis. Give em a shout at 970-926-3867, email: info at alpinequestsports dot com We're based just a few minutes from the Colorado river. You'll love kayaking

1 - 5 of 5 Posts