Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
schizzle, any rumors of people climbing in the BLACK this winter? i have heard about the(rarely formed) ice climb called Gandolf's Beard... my buddies want it bad....it forms up right next to BLACK JACK right? do you know if it is in this year....does anybody know? killsclimbz?i have an adventure plan......boat assisted ice climb...?sounds like a struggle but......feasible if it is not solid GRADE 5 ice...i am a gaper when it comes to climbing but am willing to suffer a bit....please call me......9702751890.........looking forward to multisporting with ya this summer.....milo

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hey Milo,

www.jackrobertsclimbing.com says that the ice around Curecanti is in. It doesn't mention Gandalf's beard by name, but at least it's a sign that it might be in. A year like this with snow could be promising. Let me do some research today at lunch. It's supposed to be high of 61 in Hotchkiss this weekend. If the climb isn't REALLY shady with a good drip feeding it I bet it's out-of-condition.

As far as a multi-sport attempt goes, wow, a winter descent of the Black. . .whoa. I bet things are icy down in the gut. I haven't been in my boat since September. My tail is between my legs, my ears are back, and I feel like I need to piss.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts