Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best option for securing dry boxes to an NRS frame? Does anyone have pictures of tabs or any other options?

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
796 Posts
I use the nrs hangars, work great but I'm sure a drop bag, straps or tabs are just fine too. I don't know if there is a best option, probably tabs.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
432 Posts
I went with tabs on the box I just ordered -- very simple, just need straps over the top; seems best to me if you know where you want the tabs.
Previously, I used the NRS angle thingies because i did not know what height I wanted and what boat I would end up with. Now that I know I will have my 14' for awhile, I wanted a wider box and I know where I want the tabs -- so ordered it that way. (Many folks say the angle thingies are a waste and straps will work just fine -- I don't know, seems to offer some structure -- perhaps more important if rowing from the box.)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What height did you go with on the tabs I have a 14' with 20" tubes and row from 1 of the boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
432 Posts
On order: 16" tall box; tabs 12.5" up from bottom.
Be sure you have the clearance you want above the floor and that you can operate the latches above the crossbar.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I am going to row from my box so I wanted it to sit low in the frame. In order to get it to sit as low as I wanted I had to modify the front crossbar for clearance to operate the latches. This way the only part of the box above the frame is the lid. Since I was making room anyway I ordered some much larger stainless latches as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts