Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heya,

I'm moving out to the Fort in late July and wanted to know what the normal season is for both creeking and playing.

Thanks everyone,

Scott

·
Registered
786 Posts
it all depends. We are a little below average on snow here, but there could still be decent water in the poudre if the snow melts slowly and the runoff isn't too quick. The biggest water and creeks will flow in june and early july and there is little hope of them flowing into late july. The narrows will still have something for you to do until august/september?. And you can always go other places down south where they hold water until later in the season.

·
Registered
499 Posts
You will get to paddle Gore a lot in July through September, for you I would think that would qualify as playboating. I think it's about 1 1/2 to 2 hours from the Fort. For creeking maybe a few weekends on the Narrows of the poudre at low water but that's it. You could get lucky and Bluegrass Creek could be running. Bring your mtn bike or something....

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet. I'm bringing my Jefe out there for sure. Its' either a vision or a mtn bike. I think I would rather get the mtn bike for out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts