Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody out there have any experience with outfitters for sea kayaking in Baja? I'm looking for positive experiences with an outfitter who provides everything (preferably at a reasonable price). Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Baja Expeditions

Several years ago I went on Baja Ex trip that goes out to the islands (and they are pretty incredible places) in the Sea of Cortez, that one is less paddling because the support boat takes you to the islands, then explore however much you care to. They have another trip that leaves Loreto and paddles down to La Paz with a support boat to carry gear & food.

The food and drink were fabulous, although the guides we had are no longer with them, I think it is probably still a good company to go with.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Baja

Hi, I used to guide in Baja for about 10 years. Where do you want to sea kayak? What's your experience level? If you go with a commercial outfit choose one that is licensed to guide. In 1996 the Biosphere Reserve outside of Loreto in the Sea of Cortez was created. It is a huge move on the part of the Mexican Goverment to protect the islands. It's key for us to support the environmental causes in Baja. Here's a list of highly recommended Sea Kayak outfitters, they have been in Baja for many years, they have an excellant enviro ethic and they run a great trip:
Baja Expeditions
Paddling South
Mar Y Adventuras
If you have any questions I'd be glad to help.
-Strider

1 - 4 of 4 Posts