Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've skeezed myself 6 weeks of school in Phnom Penh, Cambodia next summer, through July 1 or so. Trying to figure out a way to paddle while I'm over there, does anyone know anything about the paddling scene in Cambodia/Thailand/Vietnam/SE Asia in general between May and August? Any beta appreciated.

·
Registered
393 Posts
You should see if your school offers an option on the Front Range. Now that you've done all this world travel and extreme kayaking I think you're ready for Clear Creek at high water. Maybe you could convince Mr. Luck to show you the lines.

PS-I am envious of SE Asia.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Northern Thailand

Probably boated the same area or river? My wife and I found out about a company while in Pai and we told them we were guides i the US. They gave us one kayak guide to follow and let us use a two-person sit-on-top plastic kayak. They shuttled our gear from Pai to Mae Hong Song (sp?). They offered for us to stay in a nature village or something like that but we chose to do the whole route in a day. Class II/III.....vague answer but maybe you will be up there...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Doublet... I think you recommend high water clear creek a little casually. Mr. Luck and Xavier are good paddlers but that's some pretty full on shit. Not everyone is ready for the Colorado front range.
As for Cambodia, it seems like there hasn't been much extensive exploration. My advice is to get on google earth and find some unprobed brown stouts. Don't forget your go-pro. It'll be church as fuck!

P.S. I didn't think that Xavier even paddled any more.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'd talk to Rick Tao Franken owner of Bomber Gear. He lives there half the year during his production runs for his company. I'm sure he knows a lot about northern Thailand, Changmai Area. MK

·
Registered
404 Posts
lAOS

The place to go is KHONE PHAPHENG in Laos. Dozens and dozens of Waterfalls and big burly rapids all in one chill little spot that is incredibly cheap. You can rent a little boat to take you around to all the islands. They call the place 10,000 islands and between many of the islands are big cascades.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts