Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, rumor has it that Pete bought a boat where he can't actually forget to leave the drain plug out for the 1/4 mile race. This means I won't be able to catch every eddy and still beat him. So, I'm offering my services to hold a race clinic today on the 1/4mile. Pete, you and Texas Ken are invited so you can see the ideal race line. I even went to the lake yesterday and practiced sitting on the beach, envisioning my victory over you two. But, I'll be fair and invite you guys to see just how it's done this afternoon.

If anyone's up for some 1/4 laps, I'll be at the turnout this early evening at 5pm. The water is finally up where you can paddle it w/o taking off too much plastic, and i'm guessing it'll just get better until race day.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Training Sessions with World famous "HOJO" for The Golden Games

So, rumor has it that Pete bought a boat where he can't actually forget to leave the drain plug out for the 1/4 mile race. This means I won't be able to catch every eddy and still beat him. So, I'm offering my services to hold a race clinic today on the 1/4mile. Pete, you and Texas Ken are invited so you can see the ideal race line. I even went to the lake yesterday and practiced sitting on the beach, envisioning my victory over you two. But, I'll be fair and invite you guys to see just how it's done this afternoon.

If anyone's up for some 1/4 laps, I'll be at the turnout this early evening at 5pm. The water is finally up where you can paddle it w/o taking off too much plastic, and i'm guessing it'll just get better until race day.
Damn sounds like Pete and Texas Ken better take advantage of the free lessons for the 1/4 Mile Race. I've heard that drain plugs sometimes can keep water from entering your boat which makes it a little easier and faster to paddle. However, there's supposed to be some pretty strong contenders this year so I would recommend EVERYONE TO GET IN A LAP OR 2! I heard rumors about Hojo envisioning success at the lake yesterday and I'm thinking he's really wanting to win The 2013 Golden Games Screaming 1/4 Mile Race this Friday. So what are you waiting for.......?log out and go meet Hojo for some training today!

·
Registered
446 Posts
I may have to come out of racing retirement one more time for this one. Those of you who don't know my racing background just be forewarned, I am fast as shit. Here is a preview of my boof in Lowers last week.

Huge atomic bomb explosion under the sea. - YouTube

I do have to apologize to the fish and wildlife service for any harm I may have done to the local/state ecosystem with my Boof and promise to give er 50% from now on. (which is still your 200%)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We'll be out again tomorrow running laps at 5pm. Or you could go with the cool kids up to BR.

So far, no *nukewler* explosions so I guess Paulk hasn't been boofing much. I'm of the opinion his, and Gannon's boof looks more like this:

·
Registered
125 Posts
So, rumor has it that Pete bought a boat where he can't actually forget to leave the drain plug out for the 1/4 mile race. This means I won't be able to catch every eddy and still beat him.
I didn't want to tell you this, Hojo, but I only took the drainplug out so that it would be a fair fight. And I, in a creekboat with a drainplug out, still beat you in your longboat.

After I kick your ass all the way back to MN this Friday, T-ROY will have the change the event to the "Screaming like a little bitch 1/4 mile race"

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didn't want to tell you this, Hojo, but I only took the drainplug out so that it would be a fair fight. And I, in a creekboat with a drainplug out, still beat you in your longboat.

After I kick your ass all the way back to MN this Friday, T-ROY will have the change the event to the "Screaming like a little bitch 1/4 mile race"
If I recall, last year I spotted you 5 seconds then beat your time by 6. This year I'll spot you 10 and beat you by 15. I've got a new strategy. I'm not going to paddle it like a slalom this year and instead, go straight.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
57 Posts
Can one of you guys give me some details on where exactly this rapid is? Starting point of race to end point? I just moved to Golden and did that rigamortis section but the race is below that correct? Probably a good idea to see it before the race ha.

·
Registered
505 Posts
You can do all of the ''traning laps'' you want, Hojo, but they will be of little use as there is not a separate class for transsexuals!

·
Registered
21 Posts
For those aspiring to win the race I would encourage to race in the short boat (8feet 6inches) to keep the race fair play and compare your skills rather than boat.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You can do all of the ''traning laps'' you want, Hojo, but they will be of little use as there is not a separate class for transsexuals!
Hey, style counts. You'd do wonders if you'd actually put a little product in that mop of yours. Might even shave off enough time to stand on the podium with me. Besides, I heard Tina is going to soundly stomp Cutch this year, and after her showing last year, the Women's bracket is just as fierce as the Men's.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Can one of you guys give me some details on where exactly this rapid is? Starting point of race to end point? I just moved to Golden and did that rigamortis section but the race is below that correct? Probably a good idea to see it before the race ha.
Drive from golden up the canyon. After the first tunnel there is a turnout on the left. That's the takeout. The next pullout on the left, about a half mile up, is the put-in. You'll know it as there is a large pool that dumps right onto a nice center boof.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts