Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just registered for the Screaming 1/4 race. As such, it's my obligation to notify all other k-boat racers that second through last place will still be available for you.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
So I put this event in my calendar a long time ago. And it seems like a fun course. However, I'm a bit unconvinced that there will be enough water for this race to really happen. I mean, it doesn't exactly appear that Clear Creek is going to reach minimum levels by most peoples standards. Thoughts? How many of you are planning on racing? Kind of a steep entrance fee per the flow...

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pbell said:
Really, Hojo? You going to mountain bike it or paddle it?
Dammit, just blurt out my strategy. Mtn bike right down the center. It is a down stream race, right?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gannon_w said:
"k-boat racers"? ... are you talking smack with kids-boat racers?
Just clarifying my boat type since I figured you'd be entering the tube/water wing division. Extra points if you wear your bikini!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cutch said:
So I put this event in my calendar a long time ago. And it seems like a fun course. However, I'm a bit unconvinced that there will be enough water for this race to really happen. I mean, it doesn't exactly appear that Clear Creek is going to reach minimum levels by most peoples standards. Thoughts? How many of you are planning on racing? Kind of a steep entrance fee per the flow...
Worst smack talk ever.

I agree, though, the water is far from ideal. I figure still with supporting. I think you're just bummed you won't be able to use the skeg in that yacht of yours.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man, all you're gonna be is the first to take a 50 cfs surf in Cripps Hole.
I'm banking on a rain bump like what happened last year at the BR race.. that way it'll be a 75cfs window shade though Chripps hole.. I have little doubt that during the race you'll be along shortly to bump me out and take my place in the hole.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thanks for registering, now what's up with Cutch?

Hey fellow Buzzards,
Last year we had 300 cfs and as long as we have over 200, we're good to go although not totally ideal. Right now the flow is 222. I expect by Thursday we'll be looking at 300 or possibly even 500. It's not looking good for Colorado this year in terms of runoff but, there's nothing I can do about the weather or snow pack. However, I've been doing my rain and snow dance a few times a day to try to help us out. Anyways, it's going to be a great event and the registration fee is only $20! If I could make it any less, I would. I've funded TGG entirely out of pocket and through a great volunteer committee of 6 others. We have some great prizes by all our sponsors and if you compete, there's a great chance you'll walk away with at least $20 worth of goods. The registration fee covers you on our insurance, permits, printing costs, etc. If you want to volunteer as a safety boater or volunteer for another event however, we'll give you a great discount(hint, hint Cutch) So, let the games begin and the smack talk continue. Hope to see you SCREAMING DOWN OUR 1/4 MILE RACE at THE 2012 GOLDEN GAMES!!!!!:p

·
Registered
950 Posts
Hey Hojo,

If you want I can teach you how to roll before the screaming 1/4 mile race. If not they may rename it "Hojo screaming like a girl 1/4 mile race". I won't even tell anybody about the roll lesson!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gannon_w said:
Hey Hojo,

If you want I can teach you how to roll before the screaming 1/4 mile race. If not they may rename it "Hojo screaming like a girl 1/4 mile race". I won't even tell anybody about the roll lesson!
Roll? All I needed is a bottom brace with these flows. Besides, I've heard about your "roll education" and how it's modeled off the movie Deliverance.

·
Registered
83 Posts
What is the beta on this race? Is this just the screaming quarter straight down the middle like a sprint? The fastest I ran this section is when I converted my C-1 back to a kayak and my Corsica was leaking like a sieve as the tape popped off all the screw holes where I removed the pedestal. I was like a submarine though this whole section. Eddying out before the dam was a real challenge.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just registered for the Screaming 1/4 race. As such, it's my obligation to notify all other k-boat racers that second through last place will still be available for you.
Hojo, it looks like I'll be competing AND safety boating, so I will be able to humiliate you twice: once when I beat your time and again when I help you unpin your boat.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
4 second handicap.

Hojo, it looks like I'll be competing AND safety boating, so I will be able to humiliate you twice: once when I beat your time and again when I help you unpin your boat.
I'm so fast and so confident in your (and gannon's) rescue abilities that you'd have me un-pinned and on my way still beating your time by at least 5 seconds.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts