Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally made it out to the great state of Idaho. Spent some time in Riggens, to see an old friend but the jewel of the trip was the Lochsa. That place is the best and yawl have a ton of space, a ton of water and the logistics were great. Everybody was flipping!!! Reminded me of the Merced at high water. Went solo but was able to hitch my shuttles and I always found people to boat with. One of the best high lights was riding my bike over from the Wilderness Gateway to check out the infamous “ ghetto” I met some really nice folks ( purple and black Legend) they sat me down and gave me one of the best meals I have in a long time. Delectable, melt in your mouth, savory salmon that was topped off by some really good Scotch. What a great evening.
Surfing at pipeline was ridiculous and here is the scary thing for all u tourist hating locals it was an easy drive. If we keep getting droughts in Ca. I know where I will be……. Next time I think I might bring the whole cru from The No. You folks from Zoo Town know how to have fun I like it.
Without the Buzz I would have never found it so thanks!!! Now haters take your shots

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Glad you enjoyed the Lovely Lochsa. She is a gem and so are the people. Were you there over Memorial where it went over 21K? What fun!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
250 Posts
you'll be hard pressed to find haters in beautiful Idaho.. Not many exist.

But with that being said, please delete this thread ASAP and never speak of this state again.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
here is the scary thing for all u tourist hating locals it was an easy drive. If we keep getting droughts in Ca. I know where I will be……. Next time I think I might bring the whole cru from The No. You folks from Zoo Town know how to have fun I like it.
Without the Buzz I would have never found it so thanks!!! Now haters take your shots
No worries, we'll take your money. Feel free to hang out on the Lochsa any time. Its mostly the domain of greasy Zoolanders. Besides no self-respecting Idahoan boats the Lochsa when there is sooo much better shit to get gripped about. So listen all you Idaho-hoe what-bes and bitches. Get that potato land map out and find yourself some A+ frothy white and put it in your face. Cuz Riggins city run and Lochsa are child's play and if thats what you think Idaho floatin about, you haven't even experienced the land of rivers and mountains! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I showed up around the summer solstice so the flow was down, believe it was about 7k ? I was a little intimated by the high flow over Memorial Day but now I could see how it would work.
Sure was a whole lot more water than what was flowing on Burnt Ranch, think we only got 900. Stopped in there before the big drive east. CA has been dry
So Mr. Dirt how about i meet you at the Triangle I will buy you a 2 buck Keystone and you can tell me all about this “stick you face in” type of whitewater I was thinking about the S. Fork Clearwater or the S. Salmon? Not sure I am just a class 3 hack ( class 3+ low water). Fill me in brother!!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Just PM me next time you come to Idaho and I'll feel ya in on whats happening. I usually boat with a group or club so I can tell ya where we will be or I can put in recommendation to the group if we don't have any solid plans. SYOTR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts