Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've enjoyed the N. Platte for many years. I wasnt able to visit the area this year for any investigation into the impacts of the fire. A friend just sent me the following picture. Wow.... is all I can say. Wonder what the permissions regarding overnights will be in the future. I think the major concern would be the structural integrity of the dead and burned timber. Anyway, would love to know any other information that people might have heard. Anyone been up there this year? Pics?
image003.png

·
Registered
162 Posts
Unfortunately snags around camps will be an issue for several decades. There’s research that shows there is a 4 fold increase of snags falling 10 years post wildfire. Seams like the agencies also have different policies on whether to remove snags around campsites or not.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Boated the North Platte back in the 1990s when I lived in Cheyenne. Beautiful stretch of River and not very busy on the days I went.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did you put in at 6 mile or Windy Gap? Wondering if the fire burned between Windy Gap and 6mile. Did not run it this year as water flows only got over 600cfs for a few days.
I didnt float the upper just wade fished 6 mile floated bennet peak to treasure island a few times no burn down there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts